Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BugSir006

MX5 PC Beta Release 5.1.4.2400

14 posts in this topic

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to have a try of the brand new release!

Version 5.1.4.2400

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Also available on Maxthon's official website

http://www.maxthon.com/

Happy browsing and feel free leave your comment!

1 person likes this

Nothing changed from previous betas!!

On 13.12.2017 at 9:07 AM, -ody- said:
  • still no way to hide favs and notes button from main bar without disabling them from side bar too
  • still no drop down list for search engines in main address bar
  • still no way to remove search bar from QA

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, zork said:

Nothing changed from previous betas!!

not much does unless its something they think useful - they stopped listening to users a long time ago - maybe thats why users desert in droves

1 person likes this

1.still no way to hide favs and notes button from main bar without disabling them from side bar too

Now users can untick 'fav' and 'notes' button from Customize UI and also users can disable sidebar. If users untick the notes button and sidebar button will be put to gray accordingly. So ody and zork' s request is make that icon disappear on sidebar?

still no drop down list for search engines in main address bar

That changing that has been made in recent several versions, in future this will keep optimize for this part

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

1.still no way to hide favs and notes button from main bar without disabling them from side bar too

Now users can untick 'fav' and 'notes' button from Customize UI and also users can disable sidebar. If users untick the notes button and sidebar button will be put to gray accordingly. So ody and zork' s request is make that icon disappear on sidebar?

I thought it was clear : I don't want notes and favs button in tool bar, but I DO want them in sidebar.

at the moment either I have them on both toolbar and sidebar or I don't have them at all...

2 people like this

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

I thought it was clear : I don't want notes and favs button in tool bar, but I DO want them in sidebar.

at the moment either I have them on both toolbar and sidebar or I don't have them at all...

you need to learn how to do skins - to remove buttons is easy - i can do it for you but they are changing things in the UI code in each update so it would be better if you could do it

they seem to have decided that this is the way it should be - history tells us it will not change

1 person likes this

I went back to 3.2000

Trying to use these "new" ones during the windows update downloads did it for me.

Now that I did, I really like the QA  B-E-T-T-E-R!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Tony said:

they seem to have decided that this is the way it should be - history tells us it will not change

not sure it's a decision... might be an omission

like you am not sure but as far as i can see its all new code to do this so it looks deliberate 

21 hours ago, -ody- said:

Got it. I will transfer it to product team

1 person likes this

In dark theme address bar qr-code buttons missing..

15 minutes ago, zork said:

In dark theme address bar qr-code buttons missing..

Can't confirm, even using absolute black, it's there. Perhaps only on some sites?

sum.png

57 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Can't confirm, even using absolute black, it's there. Perhaps only on some sites?

try to hover the button. And separator btw tabs also missing (dark theme)

14 hours ago, zork said:

And separator btw tabs also missing (dark theme)

Yep. Also difficult to find active tab as it is the same color as the inactive tabs, only the close button differentiates it from inactive tabs making it difficult to find. I think the text on the tab is bolder but still difficult to see the difference.

1 person likes this