Old-Style Maxthon Multi-Search

The last few months, I've noticed I often get the "old-style" Maxthon Multi-Search when entering a search term:

MaxthonMultiSearch_old-style_late2017.pn

... rather than the more modern style, with my customized engines:

MaxthonMultiSearch_modern-style_late2017

This happens whether I'm searching from the address bar, the search bar, or QuickAccess.

Anyone else noticed this?  Anyone noticed it happening more frequently in recent months?

• 1 month later...

I had the same  issue a year or more ago but now I can't use multisearch at all. I don't even get an icon in the drop down menu. Same goes for multi-search on QA. Mentioned it in previous forum a number of times. Don't remember any responses.

ms.png

@BugSir006, the screenshot is from a couple of months back (November, I believe), but I've had the problem for a couple of years and experienced it as recently as earlier this week with Maxthon 5.1.6.1000.

@PHYR, I must have missed those posts completely!  I still have Multi Search available, and it's my default search engine — but when I get the "old-style" search, it's frustrating, as I can see no way around it but to try again until I get the "modern" Multi Search interface.  (In the example at the top of this post, I had gotten the "old" one first and the "new" one when I tried again in a second tab, though this isn't always the case.)

Archived