Mo88

A Maxthon Tracker?

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When I opened my browser for first time today and started checking my Facebook, I noticed that the URL changed and the name on my tab changed to something in Chinese language. I closed Maxthon then tried again and the same thing happened when I went to check my email [see image below]. Is this a tracker from Maxthon or something else?

EDIT: It keeps happening and when I opened a new tab l cannot switch to it. I have to close Maxthon and open it again. I did a virus scan on my computer, and I tested this on Chrome and it's not occuring on that, so this makes me think it's a Maxthon issue.

tracker.jpg

fb track.jpg

yt track.jpg

Edited by Mo88
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this happen too at about the same time you saw it. But it only happened once. I think it was related to a server issue where QA is saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this was not a problem, but it was done on purpose. There was a reference to "taobao" in the form of a background on QA. And there was also a close button. If you close it, then this background no longer appears. Until the browser data is cleared. After cleaning and restarting, the background of the new tab again was like this. I really did not like it. This indicates that the computer is constantly loaded with different scripts, which I did not ask either maxthon or Chinese comrades.

Edited by Chemodan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support Maxthon a lot, but not when it comes to spying/tracking users and possibly selling data to taobao. This is the second time in less than a month that I've posted about unusual activities when using Maxthon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites