Weirdo icon on bookmarks

I followed your lead, clicked on the thing to update site icons. A "Favicon update" box opened. I clicked "start" and after more than five minutes it hasn't done anything. There's a progress bar, and it's sitting still at 0/169.

Another other options?

hmmm - dont know on that i just tried it on the latest build and it worked fine - maybe a permission thing on your system - i run Maxthon as a portable install so it may be different if you run an installed version

try running maxthon as an admin

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

assuming you have an icon on the desktop for maxthon right click on it and then properties click the compatibility box at the top and then run the program as an administrator - save and run maxthon

if you dont have a shortcut icon on the desktop go to the program file you run to start maxthon and do the same as above

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

2 hours ago, MichaelD said:

Okay, running as admin, tried to update the icons again, but still no dice. Let's just let it sit. It's only an aesthetic issue. And perhaps in time, it will straighten itself out. Stuff happens. Thanks anyway.

I had no issue updating icons with the previous build nor with this one, M5.1.4.1700.

The only other way to update site icons is by visiting each site unfortunately.

Archived