MichaelD

pc issue Weirdo icon on bookmarks

11 posts in this topic

Two days back, all my bookmarks, every one of them, is now preceded by a Microsoft Internet Explorer icon, the big blue E.  What's up with that? Thanks.

you need to update yous site icons - no idea why you lost the originals - its tick box - different places on different versions of Maxthon

Thanks, Tony, but where do I do that? I use the latest version of Maxthon. Plus, I don't know what tick box means.

from the main menu - top right select maxnote and then as screen grabsite icons.png

I followed your lead, clicked on the thing to update site icons. A "Favicon update" box opened. I clicked "start" and after more than five minutes it hasn't done anything. There's a progress bar, and it's sitting still at 0/169.

Another other options?

hmmm - dont know on that i just tried it on the latest build and it worked fine - maybe a permission thing on your system - i run Maxthon as a portable install so it may be different if you run an installed version

try running maxthon as an admin

Thanks, but again, I do I do that?

I meant, of course, how do I do that?

assuming you have an icon on the desktop for maxthon right click on it and then properties click the compatibility box at the top and then run the program as an administrator - save and run maxthon

if you dont have a shortcut icon on the desktop go to the program file you run to start maxthon and do the same as above

Okay, running as admin, tried to update the icons again, but still no dice. Let's just let it sit. It's only an aesthetic issue. And perhaps in time, it will straighten itself out. Stuff happens. Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, MichaelD said:

Okay, running as admin, tried to update the icons again, but still no dice. Let's just let it sit. It's only an aesthetic issue. And perhaps in time, it will straighten itself out. Stuff happens. Thanks anyway.

I had no issue updating icons with the previous build nor with this one, M5.1.4.1700.

The only other way to update site icons is by visiting each site unfortunately.

Thanks, but I think I'll just have to live with all those little blue circles with the E inside. The bookmarks also have the website name, so no problem.