Atavus

confirmed Cannot play Netflix

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I tried using Netflix on MX 5.1.3.200 but all I get is a black screen.

I entirely disabled the 2 extensions I was using, one of which is ABP but to no avail.
I tried disabling Ultra mode and I got this message from the Netflix page: "Microsoft Silverlight is required to play this title."
Netflix is working fine on other browsers like Chrome.

Any ideas please?

Edited by Atavus

This confirmed as bug. It is fixing now

I have had the same issue. Easy solution for me: designate Chrome for Netflix

Posted (edited)

It is still a bug in the latest beta.

Edited by Atavus

I've been asking about the progress of fixing the bug, please wait in patient.

To fixing this issue: need to remote by teamviewer? Atavus could you please help us to check this issue?

Many thanks!

Posted (edited)

I have a similar Issue, the video appears to start loading but it will never actually play the video just the audio, the video will look like is still loading while the audio plays :c 

I've tried everything, disabling ABP, checking that maxthon is allowed to run external plugins, change cores, proxy, User agent and upgrading silverlight, chrome runs netflix perfectly :T 

MaxthonSnap20171208141017.png

Edited by EddyFicio
grammar

22 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

I have a similar Issue, the video appears to start loading but it will never actually play the video just the audio, the video will look like is still loading while the audio plays :c 

I've tried everything, disabling ABP, checking that maxthon is allowed to run external plugins, change cores, proxy, User agent and upgrading silverlight, chrome runs netflix perfectly :T 

I've been having this issue for months, please help c: 

23 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

In my case, the audio doesn't even play. Just loading and loading.

2 hours ago, Simamtk said:

In my case, the audio doesn't even play. Just loading and loading.

Try using the retro mode, and wait, it takes a while (4-5 min) and then the audii will start to play c: yeah the problem is old, I've been having this problem I believe since mx5 was launched  or in the really early versions of it :c 

and I have been complaining for months now, I hope it get fixed soon :c also make the pop up available for netflix :v

Hello everyone

We are trying to solve this issue now. It would be great if you can help us. Here’s steps we need you help us to check

1. Win+R-%appdata%

2. Find a folder name”Maxthon5”

3. Re-name that folder and restart the browser(e.g change to “1”)

4. Then there will create a new “Maxthon5” folder, please delete that new creation MX5 folder

5. Change the previous folder’s name back to “Maxthon5” (e.g  from “1” to “Maxthon5”)

Thanks for your cooperation, we re looking forward your reply about whether this issue solved or not.

Netflix问题-文件夹重命名.png

13 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

We are trying to solve this issue now. It would be great if you can help us. Here’s steps we need you help us to check

Tried this using a portable version. Didn't work.

16 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hello everyone

1. Win+R-%appdata%

2. Find a folder name”Maxthon5”

3. Re-name that folder and restart the browser(e.g change to “1”)

4. Then there will create a new “Maxthon5” folder, please delete that new creation MX5 folder

5. Change the previous folder’s name back to “Maxthon5” (e.g  from “1” to “Maxthon5”)

Thanks for your cooperation, we re looking forward your reply about whether this issue solved or not.

Netflix问题-文件夹重命名.png

I've tried with the installed version a few hours ago and It did't work

I just use MS Edge for netflix...

Better resolution too.

Amazon Prime works here fine though

Hello everyone 

Thanks for all support developer said that he make changes in next release version package(approximate time :this Friday)

Then everyone can download the newest version from our Maxthon news section. We are not sure whether it could be fix or not this time. We need you have a test when release version comes out. Much appreciate!!

BTW: Why can't test with earlier version hmm..earlier portable packets may not take any effect , because part of the logic is being controlled online.