mx 5.1.4.1700 QA

Jubilar

why when i open site form QA , it opens in a new tab, and quick access is not closed? in previous versions of mx5 and mx4 they opened in the same tab. and something else strange. if there are QA among the open tabs and I will click the home button, the site will open in place of QA. similarly, if I open the settings instead of the home page

1.avi

and one more. each opening of a new tab causes it to reboot, which is not very convenient. However, if a new tab is already open, such a reboot does not occur

2.avi

Same here.

The first behavior appears to be a bug, and I hope the dev team will address it in the next build.  (I stopped by to report it myself.  :wink:  )

The second behavior, I believe, has been around a long while and is a function of how QA works.  As I understand it, there's really only one New Tab tab open at at time, and when you open a "second" one, you're just viewing the same page through two different lenses.*  (In earlier versions, I don't believe it was possible to do this at all.  You just had a single new tab that you got sent to if you tried to open a second one.)

* That seems to still be the case.  Try opening two New Tabs, then open a group of Web sites in one.and click on one of those sites.  Visit the tab where that site opened and, after the page loads, switch back to the other New Tab (the one you didn't use to open the site).  You'll see a brief glimpse of the New Tab you were at last, with the tab group open.

23 minutes ago, Secret-HQ said:

Same here.

The first behavior appears to be a bug, and I hope the dev team will address it in the next build.  (I stopped by to report it myself.  :wink:  )

The second behavior, I believe, has been around a long while and is a function of how QA works.  As I understand it, there's really only one New Tab tab open at at time, and when you open a "second" one, you're just viewing the same page through two different lenses.*  (In earlier versions, I don't believe it was possible to do this at all.  You just had a single new tab that you got sent to if you tried to open a second one.)

* That seems to still be the case.  Try opening two New Tabs, then open a group of Web sites in one.and click on one of those sites.  Visit the tab where that site opened and, after the page loads, switch back to the other New Tab (the one you didn't use to open the site).  You'll see a brief glimpse of the New Tab you were at last, with the tab group open.

You're right, you can scroll one of the new tabs and the second has also been scrolled. But I like having access from different tab locations to more than just one new tab.

8 hours ago, PHYR said:

You're right, you can scroll one of the new tabs and the second has also been scrolled. But I like having access from different tab locations to more than just one new tab.

I don't see the scroll effect because I keep my QA sites grouped in folders so I see them all without scrolling.  I don't see any sense in having multiple NewTabs open but know that some like to have them.  My problem is that the NewTabs are not "USED" to open the selected website page; they instead act like a launcher for the page in another tab.

Come to think about that, NewTab acting as a page launcher eliminates any need for multiple new tabs since now you always have one NewTab available to launch as many web sites as you want without duplication.

<<SL>>

Archived