5.1.4.1700 - some elements too small

Kilmatar

I this version status bar and toolbar is too small.

Looks like font size in status bar was decreased. Something like from 12 to 10.

Icons on toolbar is smaller than in previous MX version. This is no good because user can't regulate this

I'm with myopia and this version is hard to use for me :(

16 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

I this version status bar and toolbar is too small.

Looks like font size in status bar was decreased. Something like from 12 to 10.

Icons on toolbar is smaller than in previous MX version. This is no good because user can't regulate this

I'm with myopia and this version is hard to use for me :(

I have vision problems  too AMD (with one eye peripheral-only and the other held in stasis) so I sympathize.  However I have long felt that tabbar,navbar abd statuebar were too tall.  Finally the status bar is right height.  The sidebar has also reached acceptable width. Now my focus is on reducing the tabbar and navbar heights.

I am hoping that full skins with an easy loading function like Mx4 had return with this framework refinement.  That would make it easier for accomadating the MX5 UI to various vision needs.

<<SL>>

4 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Now my focus is on reducing the tabbar and navbar heights.

I think the heights are fine. Just the elements inside them seem to be a little small now. While the previous versions may have been slightly on the large side, i think this time they've shrunk them a little to much.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

I think the heights are fine. Just the elements inside them seem to be a little small now. While the previous versions may have been slightly on the large side, i think this time they've shrunk them a little to much.

As someone else in the forum recently pointed out, I also think the status bar is perfect, although it may be an illusion as it is by itself whereas both address and tab bar appear to take more space. I'd be curious to know the height of each.

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

As someone else in the forum recently pointed out, I also think the status bar is perfect, although it may be an illusion as it is by itself whereas both address and tab bar appear to take more space. I'd be curious to know the height of each.

The tabbar is 32dip high as is the wincontrols div; the navbar height and its button item height is 34dip; the statusbar height is a calculated min-intrinsic height (based on its contents); the font size is 11dip but the icon size is 14dip, so the statusbar cannot be less than 14dip high, probably ~16dip (1/6 inch).  The statusbar heighht is finally right even with vision problems.

<<SL>>

Tried to uninstall 5.1.4.1700 yesterday and again today but it refused to uninstall either using Control Panel nor via the Uninstall string.  Had to resort to editing the Registry to get it to uninstall.  Anyone else having a problem with uninstalling Maxthon?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

41 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Tried to uninstall 5.1.4.1700 yesterday and again today but it refused to uninstall either using Control Panel nor via the Uninstall string.  Had to resort to editing the Registry to get it to uninstall.  Anyone else having a problem with uninstalling Maxthon?

had that before - not sure which builds so stopped using the install version and only use portable these days

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

10 hours ago, PHYR said:

I also think the status bar is perfect,

Status bar isn't too bad. I was actually referring to the navbar/toolbar icons. They're probably the same size they used to be before MX5 supersized them, but now i got used to it i think they were better being slightly larger. No doubt i'll get used to the smaller size in time as well..

11 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I just uninstalled M5.1.4 1700 without issue, although it took a few seconds to get the uninstaller to show the UI, the optons, as the uninstaller remaind completely blank for at least 30 seconds. I tried twice and the interface only showed after I either clicked it or some place else, namely the desktop. Once it showed it did uninstall completely using control panel. I didn't try using uninstaller in M5 folder, I assume it will also work. I'm on win10b17046.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived