Tony

new Skin/theme for 5.1.4.xxx branch - maybe

12 posts in this topic

a theme for the new 5.1.4.xxx branch - the code from Maxthon is constantly changing so the next update may break this 

its modified for my use so there may well be things missing from the stock theme

if there is interest i might tidy it up and publish but i need permission from Wilser as there is some of his code in it - see what he says if he sees this

theme (Small).pngskin2.pngskin3.png

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Tony said:

a theme for the new 4.xxx branch - the code from Maxthon is constantly changing so the next update may break this 

its modified for my use so there may well be things missing from the stock theme

if there is interest i might tidy it up and publish but i need permission from Wilser as there is some of his code in it - see what he says if he sees this

I'm interested, but wonder it you meant "4.xxx" or "5.xxx" based on some of the screenshots which suggest "5.xxx"?

<<SL>>

latest branch 5.1.4.xxx

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

latest branch 5.1.4.xxx

Good - interested !!! as I said.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard

@Tony You and all members of the forum have permission to modify or use the code of the skins to your liking.

I am currently using another browser, so there is no more support for skins.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, chz(232466) said:

I think its great skin

I agree and even better it's a great learning tool if you unpack it and study tony's and Wilser's mods.  They are distinguishable if you've done the same with Wilsers skins, though tony's comments and notes help.

Thanks tony.

<<SL>>

59 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

I agree and even better it's a great learning tool if you unpack it and study tony's and Wilser's mods.  They are distinguishable if you've done the same with Wilsers skins, though tony's comments and notes help.

Thanks tony.

<<SL>>

I have a question from my study.  What is the containing box that defines the "100%% height of the navbar; 100% of what?

<<SL>>

26 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

I have a question from my study.  What is the containing box that defines the "100%% height of the navbar; 100% of what?

<<SL>>

no idea 

i change the height of the navbar by playing with the components on it - start with the addtress box

.address-box {
    flow: horizontal;
    margin: 0 0 2 0;
    width: 100%%;
    min-height: 19px;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

changing icon/button height can also do the same thing i think 

its all play and see - i understand what the code can do but not what it does in many cases

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

no idea 

i change the height of the navbar by playing with the components on it - start with the addtress box

.address-box {
    margin: 0 0 2 0;
    min-height: 19px;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

changing icon/button height can also do the same thing i think 

its all play and see - i understand what the code can do but not what it does in many cases

That plays well with whay I found in toolbar.css in UIMain/base.toolbar.css:

.toolbar{
    min-height: 22dip;
}

I always wonder "Why min-height when you're actually trying to limit the max-height.

I  think I've found that one can't reduce the height without dealling with every content of the navbar; just one doesn't do it.  I've played that game.  And the QuickTools buttons have some additional positioning problems due o differing in height from the nav-buttons.

<<SL>>

I  think I've found that one can't reduce the height without dealling with every content of the navbar; just one doesn't do it

agree - there may be a a master height somewhere in the css - if so i have not found it - i have always thought its hard coded and the 100% used refers back to that - that said if you change or remove the 100% nothing happens in many cases

like i say play and sometimes it works - the sad part is Maxthon seem totally uninterested in alternative skins or helping those who try to make them - in their mind [and Joe's] a different colour is all thats needed

1 hour ago, Tony said:

agree - there may be a a master height somewhere in the css - if so i have not found it - i have always thought its hard coded and the 100% used refers back to that - that said if you change or remove the 100% nothing happens in many cases

like i say play and sometimes it works - the sad part is Maxthon seem totally uninterested in alternative skins or helping those who try to make them - in their mind [and Joe's] a different colour is all thats needed

I have sometimes resorted to specifying min-height, max-height, and height to the same value to avoid the relative priorities of these parameters: max-height overrides a greater height and min-height overrides a lower height or max-height.  I guesss that's the best reason min-heights are specified.  But specing all three should clamp the height to what you set.

I do notice a nice little touch in your skin (using only UIMain.dat); you've left a nince 2px gully between the tab tops and the navbar bottom border.  Something me to check.

<<SL>>