Install Path Maxthon5.1.4.1100 beta

Burn2

Hi,

Maxthon 5.1.4.1100 beta got installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\5.1.4.1100 instead in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\ as it was selected in the installer. Since than even the previous version installs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\5.1.4.1100\ even after uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again (I kept my user settings of course).

Is this a bug or will future versions always install in subfolders named after the present version?

Bjoern

Maxthon will install into the last folder that it was installed into previously. Are you clicking on "Advanced" when you are installing? Doing so will display the path that was the last one you installed into and gives you the opportunity to select whatever install path you want. Since this version is a beta, you should want to install into a separate folder from the one your working last version is installed into; it's okay to have more than one version of Maxthon installed at the same time, though only one can be opened at any given time.

I used the Advanced option and there was shown C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\. I tried it twice and I also installed many beta versions before and none of them just added its subversion to the selected install path so far. I could also see, that the previous installed version Maxthon 5.1.3.2000 was not available anymore, under C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\. So it's not true, that the beta installed in a parallel path.

Both M5.1.4.1100 and M5.1.4.1200 are installed separately  in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5 in my case without having used advanced options. This has never happened to me before that I can remember. 

Also, M5 is asking for permissions on boot and I'm unable to allow automatic access, i.e., I can't change windows security permissions.

Win10b17040

kk.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since the new beta v5.1.4.1700b now installed to the previous folder 5.1.4.1200 I tried to find the place, where the installation path is stored. It's in C:\Users\<Use your User Name here>\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Public\install.ini.
I changed the following entry:
[main]
Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\5.1.4.1200\

and now it is possible to install v5.1.4.1700b or none beta versions to C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5 again.

Archived