MX UI issues... let's make a list!

7twenty

I've been forever complaining about some of the UI issues in MX. While things have improved since MX4, there are still some things out of place, or just plain not updated because of whatever reason. So in the same spirit of the Typo's, grammar issues etc... lets make a list! thread... here we go with MX UI issues...lets make a list!! Although somehow I don't think it will get the same response as the other thread... of which also has been somewhat slow to fix issues of late...

So off we go...

Lock button has text lower than the Security button
MaxthonSnap20171110230757.png

A message about Chrome?? Not sure how this came up, nor have I seen it more than twice, but still i'll add it in
MaxthonSnap20170213230210.png

Reader mode:

The search bars are different in Maxnote and Passkeeper.

In Maxnote - Colours are lighter, smaller text, different magnifying glass icon

Choose one style and make them the same.

search.png

Different heading style compared to downloader/ABP/clear browsing data/sniffer dialogs etc.
MaxthonSnap20171112015857.png

FIXED - In QA setttings, "background" is cut off even though there is plenty of room for the (?) to be moved to the right:
MaxthonSnap20171112021732.png

More to come...

Once they've been looked at it would be nice if the UI could get a slight make over. Currently it's very static, buttons are either on/off, there's no movement. Add some animation (eg. fade in/out) when moving over tabs/buttons. Opening/closing tabs is very, very jerky compared to almost every other browser.

The latest Firefox looks amazing, animation on hovering over the tabs, a colour flourish when a tab is loaded, animated refresh button, fades on menus. Even just the fade on the text in the tab bar when the titles are too long - it looks better than the ellipsis (...) that Maxthon uses.

All very small things, but they complete the experience and makes the whole browser look very polished and complete.

The new Maxnote style is nice. The animated drop shadows when hovering over items is a nice touch. Hopefully that starts making it's way into the rest of the browser over time.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I've been forever complaining about some of the UI issues in MX. While things have improved since MX4, there are still some things out of place, or just plain not updated because of whatever reason. So in the same spirit of the Typo's, grammar issues etc... lets make a list! thread... here we go with MX UI issues...lets make a list!! Although somehow I don't think it will get the same response as the other thread... of which also has been somewhat slow to fix issues of late...

So off we go...

side bar notes icon and favs icon show "favs and notes" dir but with a different result, maybe depending on the way  you saved the content by using the bee icon  ?

it's very confusing, obviously I have some favs inside "notes" and some notes inside " favs"...

fav1.pngnotes 1.png

also missing tooltips

tooltip.png

sigmax2.png

I know many people associate the "blue e" with internet, but it doesn't mean that Maxthon needs to give IE any more promotion. Change the IE logo to either:
a generic globe icon:
MaxthonSnap20171113091819.png

or the document icon showing that Maxthon is associated with htm files  etc.
MaxthonSnap20171113091850.png

or a Maxthon M:
node_icon_website.png

Same goes for MX on Android (and probably iOS)

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • -ody- pinned this topic

Just installed Mx5.1.4.1700 and really liked the new design though there are some issues to be expected, some of which are already posted.
Since I've just installed this version, I only encountered a few issues and will probably encounter more as I explore using the browser.
Here are some of the issues:

1. The new tab opens a tab refreshes once clicked, unlike the previous versions which has it preloaded and doesn't have to open a new tab. This issue slows down the browsing speed because you have to wait for the new tab to load. It's better if it was like the previous version's.
  2. The address bar doesn't have the feature as the previous version where it only shows the website address and aligned center. In addition, entering an address on the new tab only searches it on the search engine(as already mentioned on another thread).
  3. Maxnote is opened in new tab when it can just be opened as notes mode where it is easier to use instead of switching tabs. Additionally, instead of just Maxnote, why not add the other tabs of uu.me too since the user tab on the upper left side from previous versions is removed in this version. It will be easier to access this way.

I have no problems with the smaller icons, sidebar, and status bar because it gives more space to the window

That's all I can find right now. Will be posting more if I encountered more

I have Facebook and Animes TV open upon the launch of Mx5 but it caused a bug where Facebook is only shown in the browser. If you take a look at my tabs, Facebook tab is closed and AnimeTV has the facebook icon. I kept switching tabs but facebook is the only page shown. I tried refreshing the page but it doesn't refresh the page shown(tab refreshes but page doesn't). Browser crashes then after.

Maxthon bug.png

Found another bug related to new tab.
This time when I browsed for Maxthon Forum since I spotted one before this

Maxthon bug 2.png

Once I opened Maxthon Forum, same bug from before appeared but now, when I click on the page, it switches to the tab on the left of this tab
The other bug is I have some missing Recent visited sites. After closing the tab, I tried restoring some and noticed that it wasn't on the list

• 3 weeks later...

well

i have to say i'm grateful with maxthon and its browser,

but i would like them to notice some little points which make it better, since the last version: 5.1.5.1000

1.- the scrolls bars still are very MUCH thin 

2- the favs menu, are very slow and sometime nevers responses

3- the window lags in show contents, it is annoying

4- in making a javascript app, maxthon browser, always reports very wrong viewport width

please hlep us!!!

thanks in advanced

camilo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could be a windows issue, but Youtube fullscreen vids do not display. Left with only a black screen. If I try to take a screen capture, the video becomes visible even when dismissing Mx snip.

Windows 10, build 17650, Mx 5.2.1.6000. Happened with .5000 too.

The "fill form" function is still a disaster, even on sites like Amazon.com, which is where this screenshot is from.

I don't understand how the app can be that dysfunctional that it puts in a street address in *every single field*.

I mean, how hard is it to put my City in the box that says "City?"

MaxthonSnap20180507210429.jpg

1.Can we add the "go link" button on address bar? Sometimes, I only use wireless mouse but no keyboard when I only see video and sit faraway. So please add that back, if possible.

2.Current night mode is quite harmful to eyes. Please bring back the old well-done night mode, if possible.

3.Old MX3's block-by-click ad blocking function is very friendly. Please make it back, if possible.

2.Current night mode is quite harmful to eyes. Please bring back the old well-done night mode, if possible.

Use his Extension http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=3060

3. Old MX3's block-by-click ad blocking function is very friendly. Please make it back, if possible.

Noads extension still works http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2639

• 2 weeks later...

Archived