Maxthon 5.1.4.800 - Favorites sidebar folder icons missing

I was using v5.1.3.2000 where the Favorites icon appeared as the first item in my Favorites Bar. Upon updating to 5.1.4.800 beta, the Favorites icon no longer appears on the Favorites Bar. Seems like this is similar to this existing post so I didn't create a new topic. Bug or how do I get it back?

Just saw another post about this so just ignore this.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

5.1.4.800 removes that icon from the fav bar. it's now in the navbar.

I don't see that icon on the Nav bar unless you are referring to the star that has always been on the nav bar and still can't seem to find where the option is to choose which folder is displayed on the Favorites bar, which was available from that icon. I don't use the sidebar (or the Favorites bar for that matter) so I hope it wasn't moved to there. Even though I don't utilize those bars, just trying to help out. Maybe I'm missing something.

16 hours ago, 7twenty said:

yes. It now works as the old menu style with the favbar folder selection option, or as the sidebar favourites panel.

Okay, I figured it out. Initially, the menu that drops down by clicking the Star icon on the Nav bar did not have the option available for selecting the folder to be displayed on the Fav bar; it showed just what the sidebar fav displays. However there are 4 icons at the top of that menu with no tooltip to tell one what they are, so I clicked on them to see what they do. There is one , second from the left, that is 3 horizontal lines with a small arrow, that when clicked gives a new and different view for this menu, and this one contains the option for choosing the Fav bar folder. It also contains an option to "switch to sidebar mode" which when clicked brings the menu back to it's original view. I guess I either didn't understand a previous discussion in another thread about these menus or just didn't pay close enough attention. 

So, although I realize that you, 7twenty, already know this, I am posting what I found in the hope of helping someone else that may be as confused as I was. Once I figured it out, I like it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Archived