Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
17167647

android issue Android - MX5

14 posts in this topic

On my phone MX got updated to MX5 and I have couple of questions:

1) How to switch between desktop & mobile mode?

2) How to disable search recent  history?

3) Is there a way to hide menu at the bottom of the screen (M button, maxnote & account). It is on all the time and takes up way too much screen space?

4) Is there a way to remove App+ button on the start screen?

5) Is there a way to remove city & weather info from the top of the screen?

6) Any way to make Google news links open in the new window on Nubia Z11 Mini?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 17167647 said:

3) Is there a way to hide menu at the bottom of the screen

Settings > Web View > enable Auto Fullscreen

7 hours ago, 17167647 said:

6) Any way to make Google news links open in the new window on Nubia Z11 Mini?

Press and hold the link and use the open in background option. There's no way to force it that i'm aware of.

For 2/4/5, there's no option that i'm aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#6 - Press and hold doesn't offer menu with options to open link in the background

Probably is phone related :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

odd, i've never not seen it available? What options do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 17167647 said:

#6 - Press and hold doesn't offer menu with options to open link in the background

Probably is phone related :-(

Even worked on an android 4.1.1 phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, November 05, 2017 at 6:28 AM, 7twenty said:

odd, i've never not seen it available? What options do you have?

Could you please clarify to which options you are referring to?

Press & hold to open menu works on every other site except the Google News.

Phone is using Nubia UI 4.0 which is based on Android 6.0.1

Phone is not rooted or changed in any way. It runs original firmware and right click work in Chrome for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 17167647 said:

Could you please clarify to which options you are referring to?

Press & hold to open menu works on every other site except the Google News.

Phone is using Nubia UI 4.0 which is based on Android 6.0.1

Phone is not rooted or changed in any way. It runs original firmware and right click work in Chrome for example.

I was referring to google news, long press opened menu to open in background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 17167647 said:

Could you please clarify to which options you are referring to?

Press & hold to open menu works on every other site except the Google News.

Sorry, missed the part about Google News. I can't get it working on that site either. odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Sorry, missed the part about Google News. I can't get it working on that site either. odd.

Odd for sure, I have it working fine on 3 devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PHYR said:

I have it working fine on 3 devices.

Are we talking about the same page? news.google.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Are we talking about the same page? news.google.com

I was talking about google.com/news

Edit: Same page...

Edit 2; It is possible to press in the space  between, for example in the image below, The and Daily to activate the copy share feature. Are you guys sure you are clicking the link?

long.png

shar.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PHYR said:

Edit: Same page...

Same page, but you're using pc mode. Try changing to mobile and you'll see a different layout and have the same issue that's being discussed. 

I also had no issues when using pc mode. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have issue in PC mode either. Mobile mode doesn't work.

At least I know it is not something related to my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0