Atavus

pc issue MX5 Google-breaking bugs!!

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hi,

I am having several bugs with MX5 relating to Google products. I tried upgrading to the latest version 5.1.2.300 to no avail.


(1) Google passwords not getting saved

MX5 has issues storing passwords for Google related sites (Gmail, Google Docs, etc) which all have a unified portal. Not sure if this bug affects other sites.
- MX5 does not auto-notify to store name/password on initial manual entry, like it does for most other sites.
- I have to manually save the name/password as a Fill Form.
- Even as Fill Form, MX5 does not auto invoke either name or password.
- I have to manually right-click and press Fill Form for the name part for it to show. This part works.
- Trying to manually right-click and press Fill Form for the password does nothing: the box remains empty.
- I'm forced to copy-paste the password every time. By this I mean the copy-pasted password will persist until I clear browsing data and empty cookies.
- Emptying cookies will make the password disappear again, back to the previous issue, until I copy-paste it again.


(2) Google Docs & Sheets stuck on Reconnecting... (again)
It seems this old bug is back.
After logging into Google Docs or Sheets, I am stuck indefinitely with a "Reconnecting..." message.
Neither site is accessible at this point.


(3) Youtube videos not showing any comments
Load any Youtube vid, and you will notice that no comments are showing below it.
Load the same vid into another browser and the comments are displayed.

Edited by Atavus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Atavus said:

Even as Fill Form, MX5 does not auto invoke either name or password.

Confirmed. Seems with all the updates going on with signin pages MX has been left behind. They really need to sort this out if they want the built in option to be used over something else.

That said, I don't know if other password managers are also having the same issues.

16 minutes ago, Atavus said:

By initial, I mean that this copy-pasted password will persist until I clear browsing data and empty cookies.
- Emptying cookies will make the password disappear again, until I copy-past it again.

This is normal behaviour if you're deleting cookies after every session. But i'm thinking you're stating this as it's a hassle because of the problems mentioned above.

7 minutes ago, Atavus said:

After logging into Google Docs or Sheets, I am stuck indefinitely with a "Reconnecting..." message.

Can't confirm. Was already logged into my google account, but signed out and logged in again. No problem with Docs showing the "start a new document" page, opening an older file and creating a new one.

Check your ABP settings (test with it off), and also extensions in case they're causing a problem. And ensure you're using the default useragent.

7 minutes ago, Atavus said:

Load any Youtube vid, and you will notice that no comments are showing below it.

Can't confirm. Been reading YT comments just today.

Same as above re: ABP/extensions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

...

I've noticed other issues with Google recently. Many websites of Google ask for certificate.

And, in Asana website, I can't connect using Google account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about extensions?
Google change frames on YouTube and many extensions don't work anymore.
For example, YouTube Center hides search and pages with video, SaveTube and ViewTube may be reason for reloading of many Google pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@7twenty

Indeed the Youtube comments issue was caused by a Youtube ABP custom filter.

The "Reconnecting" problem with Google products is not happening today. It does not seem to have been caused by the above filter since the filter is on but the "Reconnecting" error is not showing.

The main issue is with the passwords.
I also encountered the certificate issue that AndroidDev mentioned.

Edited by Atavus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/10/15 at 0:34 PM, Atavus said:

(1) Google passwords not getting saved

MX5 has issues storing passwords for Google related sites (Gmail, Google Docs, etc) which all have a unified portal. Not sure if this bug affects other sites.
- MX5 does not auto-notify to store name/password on initial manual entry, like it does for most other sites.
- I have to manually save the name/password as a Fill Form.
- Even as Fill Form, MX5 does not auto invoke either name or password.
- I have to manually right-click and press Fill Form for the name part for it to show. This part works.
- Trying to manually right-click and press Fill Form for the password does nothing: the box remains empty.
- I'm forced to copy-paste the password every time. By this I mean the copy-pasted password will persist until I clear browsing data and empty cookies.
- Emptying cookies will make the password disappear again, back to the previous issue, until I copy-paste it again.
 

In most cases, MX5 does not support automatic saving form if the account and password are not on a page. As for google(gmail or docs) you can save form manually, right click to save form. And the password will be appear next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BugSir006
That is precisely the issue I am having!!
I am saving info manually as fill form: when logging in, the name appears, but the pass does not. I have to paste it manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Atavus said:

@BugSir006
That is precisely the issue I am having!!
I am saving info manually as fill form: when logging in, the name appears, but the pass does not. I have to paste it manually.

I ve tested on my gmail account.  V5.1.3.200

1.Select the email address I want to log in to

2.enter the password and right click to "save form" 

3. Re-fresh the page, the password will appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites