Buenos dias

MichaelD

14 hours ago, MichaelD said:

And hi to all. I'm a retired American newspaper editor now living since 2000 high in the mountains of Middle Mexico. Downloaded Maxthon because I'm looking for a good alternate browser. My main browser is Opera, but I'm not married to it.

Welcome and Bienvenido al foro.  If you have any questions, just let us know and we'll do what we can to help you.  Would love to get back to Janitzio for some pescado blanco.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Ah, so you've been to my neck of the woods, which is a bit rare because this is not Cancún or Puerto Vallarta. I did not mention I lived in Pátzcuaro, so your mentioning it is either a coincidence or you tracked me down via online magic, which is fine by me.

I do indeed have questions, two.

1. I stupidly did not write down my Maxthon password to get into the Passkeeper. And, surprisingly, there is no "I forgot my password" link to do something about it. What's the solution?

2. Continuing on with more stupidity on my part, I did not write down the password to change my profile, and again there is no "I forgot my password" link. What's the solution with that? Or are the two passwords one and the same?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, MichaelD said:

Ah, so you've been to my neck of the woods, which is a bit rare because this is not Cancún or Puerto Vallarta. I did not mention I lived in Pátzcuaro, so your mentioning it is either a coincidence or you tracked me down via online magic, which is fine by me.

I do indeed have questions, two.

1. I stupidly did not write down my Maxthon password to get into the Passkeeper. And, surprisingly, there is no "I forgot my password" link to do something about it. What's the solution?

2. Continuing on with more stupidity on my part, I did not write down the password to change my profile, and again there is no "I forgot my password" link. What's the solution with that? Or are the two passwords one and the same?

Thanks in advance.

Your quick move to China has affected your memory.  :titter:  Trial and error on the passwords and since I personally have not had that problem, I really cannot suggest a solution.  But never fear, someone will be along shortly to help you out.

And yes, drove from Leon, Guanajuato to Morelia for breakfast then on to Pátzcuaro/Janitzio.  Lovely place.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

6 hours ago, MichaelD said:

It's asking for my "Maxthon Passport" password to access that. Please advise.

If you use a passport account to login to Maxthon, then the same one is also used for passkeeper. And that is exactly what the link provided is for, to access your passport account. Or in your case, retrieve your forgotten password.

From there you can update all the details required, including the password.

Time heals all. I took another approach. I totally signed out of the Maxthon browser, reentered with the one password, and that password now works with Passkeeper. Go figger. All is well. Thanks for the help. Clearly, I paid too little attention to the password thing as I was initially setting up the browser. I did not expect to like Maxthon, but I do. Have a good day Down Under.

Archived