andrea.maxthon

pc issue Moving the address bar to the first row

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, referring to the title please I want to know if it is possible to customize the browser like for example to move the address bar to the first row to can earn one row and as I did on firefox (see below), for me it is more beautiful to customize in this way.

Thank you for replies.

vhiyYhb.jpg

Edited by andrea.maxthon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, andrea.maxthon said:

Hi, referring to the title please I want to know if it is possible to customize the browser like for example to move the address bar to the first row to can earn one row and as I did on firefox (see below), for me it is more beautiful to customize in this way.

Thank you for replies.

vhiyYhb.jpg

It's possible to do um has done such a One-Bar skin in Mx4 and I believe she has one for Mx5that with some knowledge of css and HTML coding.  I know that a skin maker on the Chinese Maxthon Forum,  Look for skins by Yoyoako.  The old skin was named Yoyoako-1bar.  Of course you want her Mx5 skins.

No one here has done one like this.

In any case it's not as simple as Firefix's or Safari's drag-n-drop  configuring; it take coding changes.

                         <<SL>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortunately I am not able to find Yoyoako's skins, if it was possible to modify the code to obtain this, it would be better, is it possible to contact maxthon programmers directly ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it should be possible to do what you want but you will have to do it or find a skin - Maxthon seem to have no interest in skins other than the stock one supplied - they have not implemented any easy method to add 3rd party skins in MX5 - what we have now is a workaround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrea.maxthon said:

unfortunately I am not able to find Yoyoako's skins, if it was possible to modify the code to obtain this, it would be better, is it possible to contact maxthon programmers directly ?

The Chinese Forum skin section has a couple Yoyoako Summary posts, the most recent for 9/27/2017.  The posts include all of her skins relesed prior to its date.  But the 1bar post is from 2014 prior to MX5 and it doesn't work in Mx5 as is. (not surprising).  There's another skin called OneBar, but I don't knoe the author and it may not be updated to Mx5.

As Tony mentions you may have to DIY (Do It Yourself)..

                 <<SL>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

The Chinese Forum skin section has a couple Yoyoako Summary posts, the most recent for 9/27/2017.  The posts include all of her skins relesed prior to its date.  But the 1bar post is from 2014 prior to MX5 and it doesn't work in Mx5 as is. (not surprising).  There's another skin called OneBar, but I don't knoe the author and it may not be updated to Mx5.

As Tony mentions you may have to DIY (Do It Yourself)..

                 <<SL>>

do you have it - i doubt its a big mod but i cannot log in over there so cannot download it - easier to look at their code to see how they did it than start from scratch - JarC did it on MX3 but his skins and therefor the code is long gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tony said:

do you have it - i doubt its a big mod but i cannot log in over there so cannot download it - easier to look at their code to see how they did it than start from scratch - JarC did it on MX3 but his skins and therefor the code is long gone

See this.  It's just moving the navbar (navbuttons, addressbax, quicktools, main menu to the tabbar and disabling some navbuttons in favor of gestures.

Have a look:  Yoyoako+1bar.mxskin

                         <<SL>>

PS: I once used to be automatically logged onto the Chinese Forum when I used the link to it in the old Forum.  But those links never were added to this forum and I can't log into my old account because I can't translate the security questions in the drop-down list.SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

...........

 

Edited by joemax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites