Still can't export favorites or bookmarks?

Upon searching this forum, I see that there is no provision for exporting Bookmarks or Favorites.  If I had known, I would not have upgraded my browser.  My bookmarks are a very important part of my work, and now that I am going on the road, I need to get my bookmarks over to my laptop computer.

I also can't seem to find  an online help file. Only this forum seems to be the place to search for answers, like how to export bookmarks.  So, it is possible that I am not finding the right messages that show that this feature was eventually added back in.

But, for now, I am very sorry that I even started using Maxthon.

-Joe

While all the messages I found indicated that it was not available, I did finally stumble upon the ability to export bookmarks.  From the menu choose tools, and then Import/Export user data.

And while that problem is solved, that leaves the issue of a searchable help file.   If I could have searched for the word "export" in the help file, it would have saved me half an hour of reading notes on this forum, all of which said that it is not possible yet.  And even those threads were closed, so no one can add a message saying "it is possible".

-Joe

58 minutes ago, cadcoke5x said:

Upon searching this forum, I see that there is no provision for exporting Bookmarks or Favorites.  If I had known, I would not have upgraded my browser.  My bookmarks are a very important part of my work, and now that I am going on the road, I need to get my bookmarks over to my laptop computer.

I also can't seem to find  an online help file. Only this forum seems to be the place to search for answers, like how to export bookmarks.  So, it is possible that I am not finding the right messages that show that this feature was eventually added back in.

But, for now, I am very sorry that I even started using Maxthon.

-Joe

While all the messages I found indicated that it was not available, I did finally stumble upon the ability to export bookmarks.  From the menu choose tools, and then Import/Export user data.

And while that problem is solved, that leaves the issue of a searchable help file.   If I could have searched for the word "export" in the help file, it would have saved me half an hour of reading notes on this forum, all of which said that it is not possible yet.  And even those threads were closed, so no one can add a message saying "it is possible".

-Joe

For some omline help try the "MX5 "Guidelines & Tips" sub-section at the top of this forum.  And for troubleshooting remember the "Maxthon Troubleshooting & Tips and Tricks" thread pinned near the top of this forum.

Unfortunately I don't know of any offline help files.  But I'm also not aware of any such for my other browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.

<<SL>>

5 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Unfortunately I don't know of any offline help files.  But I'm also not aware of any such for my other browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.

There's no real reason to have offline help, it is a web browser after all. But all the ones mentioned have info online on how to do most of the basic features of the browser.

Maxthon does have some info here: http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/help/index.php although it's quite basic, and mainly deals with some of the MX uniquie features.

12 hours ago, cadcoke5x said:

If I could have searched for the word "export" in the help file, i

If you had tried "export bookmarks" in the search field of any Maxthon page, you would have found many references on how to export bookmarks.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Archived