Invalid Certificates on MX5

Chim

On 10/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, 7twenty said:

Seeing as google is probably one of the biggest names on the internet, you'd hope they get this sorted out. Way to many sites using google related links that may potentially get this error for it to be ignored.

Everytime an MX user sees this and gets scared off there's the possibility of them jumping to any other browser that doesn't have the issue..

So do I understand correctly ...........?  So then this isn't entirely a Google issue, but also partly a Maxthon issue?  In other words, there IS something that Google needs to fix ... but, so does Maxthon?  Right?  Cuz if my Opera browser can minimize the occurrence of some of those Invalid Certificates, then that means there is something that Maxthon needs to tweak / tune as well, right?

3 hours ago, Chim said:

So do I understand correctly ...........?  So then this isn't entirely a Google issue, but also partly a Maxthon issue?  In other words, there IS something that Google needs to fix ... but, so does Maxthon?  Right?  Cuz if my Opera browser can minimize the occurrence of some of those Invalid Certificates, then that means there is something that Maxthon needs to tweak / tune as well, right?

This is almost certainly a Maxthon bug. I've tried to repeat the certificate warning with Firefox, Vivaldi, SeaMonkey, Chrome, Opera, K-Meleon and Pale Moon. Only Maxthon claims certain sites have invalid certificates, when they almost certainly don't.

3 hours ago, Chim said:

its a MX problem.. i downloaded all the previous version of MX5 and found a version where worked fine and all version before that one also worked ok.. see my previous post for precise version numbers.

Attached is the Certificate it doesnt like.

My timezone etc is correct.

Also all was working perfectly fine on my Work PC for days whilst my Hope PC was having problems.. and then for no reason  the Work PC also has the Cert. problem.

snap_screen_20171016191214.png

Thanks, DaveMax ... Brunes.  

The $64,000,000 question is:  Are the Maxthon Devs aware of this issue now?  I always wonder in situations like this whether the Devs are aware of a problem or if it's only us the members discussing it in a thread.

1 hour ago, Chim said:

Thanks, DaveMax ... Brunes.  

The $64,000,000 question is:  Are the Maxthon Devs aware of this issue now?  I always wonder in situations like this whether the Devs are aware of a problem or if it's only us the members discussing it in a thread.

Well, if they read this thread they will be. lol

Well, one never knows.  You know ... given that at any given time, there are a myriad of threads going on all over the place regarding various issues.  We very likely assuredly don't have the luxury of there being a little crew of Forum Thread Reading Associates at Maxthon HQ whose sole purpose is to ensure that ALL threads get read. :titter:  Hopefully they do stumble upon it.  It would benefit Maxthon just as much as it would benefit us the users that the fix be implemented the sooner the better.

Archived