【Maxthon's Future Product Roadmap by Jeff!】

BugSir006

Hello everyone 

I am very happy to share a thrilling news with you. Maxthon Browser’s CEO Jeff created a new Trello board to illustrate our future development more directly to our users! The main purpose of this board is to list the roadmap of our product for the next stage on public, which helps us to hear user’s voice better.

We sincerely welcome all of you to have a visit. We will regularly update this Trello board for the future product plan and here you can easily help us improve our product by voting for the listed features/items you like the most. Our product team will take your opinion into serious consideration and update our product accordingly. You can also subscribe this board to receive our latest messages and updates at the very first time.

Here’s the link for the Trello board:https://trello.com/b/ofOaTdxE/mx5-pc-public

mx5.png

Oh... It's good, but... times have changed... Now I need tool to protect my privacy: HTTPS Everywhere, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, etc.
I can add Disconnect lists to ABP (btw, why there is not EasyPrivacy?), but what about HTTPS Everywhere or any analogue? Look on Brave (we both know that you know what Brave is). Brave has build-in tools for HTTPS-connection only. This about it. Tooday you really need it, you need it more that other browsers. And think about VPN and proxy. You have clear settings, but... I'm not sure that I can trust any proxy from the web. What about own service or third-party solution?

3 minutes ago, Jubilar said:

and what about change adblock to ublock original? topic have about 40 votes?

I think this is something more than just "change ABP to uBlock"... ABP is not just extension, this is build-in tool and ABP Team (not MX) made it.
But you can ask uBlock developer about this. Because uBlock may be just add-on, like NoAds. And users will have choice.
I think any ABP improvements is more important question. Because this is still v.1.0.0 without manual blocking.

Oh... I read your road map, and there is not what I was waiting for...

There are common phrases: improvements, optimization, update, upgrade, etc. But what does it mean? Because even if I don't like what you do with you browser, I still know that you're working. I know that I'll see some improvements, some optimization, some update and some upgrade. But what will be these? 

I saw 3 important things only: Nitro, Blink and extensions. And even these are not so clear...

Meh, nothing overly interesting. And more to the point, nothing that couldn't be done by posting on the forum, or a link on the forum to a page hosted by maxthon.com. Don't see the need for some other random site to have that info.

As for features/improvements... i've said it before, there is a whole section devoted to just that on this forum. All it takes is one person to spend 10mins and collate some info from it (and most of that is in the wishlist thread!). Although it is good to see a rough idea of what the plan is, what they're working towards.

The only thing that's vaguely eye opening is Nitro2 with Chrome extension support. If N2 gets it, then I can only imagine MX5 would follow shortly (or MX6?). If N2 is anywhere near useful + having .crx support, it might be enough to make users jump from MX5. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!?

And i'm curious to see what the UX improvements turn out to be. Still lots of issues with UI imo.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2017 at 0:25 AM, BGFun said:

I didn't sign up on "Trello" It looks like everything is in Chinese. So kind of useless to me.

I see Chinese with their respective English translations.

On the other hand, no activity since Sep 28th doesn't make it sound so transparent to me.

chrome_2018-01-19_12-23-00.png

9 hours ago, bricky149 said:

On the other hand, no activity since Sep 28th doesn't make it sound so transparent to me.

Well that's not surprising. Pretty much exactly what I expected to happen - a little bit of hoohaa like something amazing is happening, then it gets completely forgotten. Add it to the pile... 

If they were serious about being transparent they'd utilise the forum better. Post more information here, and actually give answers to requests whether they will happen etc. Hasn't happened yet, and probably never will. No point worrying about it now though.

Out of curiosity, let's see how this roadmap played out...

next release
Delete URL file type accociation / url - Not sure what this means, the feature is still there, so maybe enabling user control for each filetype? - DONE (i think)
Browser: restore tabs after crash - If that means it automatically opens prevous session tabs after a crash... - NOT DONE
Browser:Continue download files even after browser close - NOT DONE

3 months
Core:Upgrade Blink Core - NOT DONE (talk of in the next month or so)
Browser: UX improvement - DONE still more required though
Mxnote: UX and UE upgrade / - DONE 
QA: Improvements / QA - NOT DONE (at least I can't tell)
Passkeeper: Improments / - NOT DONE (at least I can't tell)
Browser: Improve startup speed - NOT DONE (at least I can't tell, I haven't noticed any real difference)

6 months - we'll see what happens here...
Nitro 2 and support Chrome addons
Browser:Improve help system
Browser: Message system optimization
MxNote: support more file types

So doesn't look like they hit their mark, but it is just a roadmap, nothing is set in stone.

And look at that, a 6 month roadmap in one post(!), without all the fanciness of "Trello" that no one gives a hoot about?! hmmmm

There is no security issue with being able to export user data in Passkeeper. If a user can view the data when logged into the user account, then there is no reason to not be able to save that user's data on the user PC when Passkeeper is being viewed by the user. If a user can view their data on their PC, then there is no security issue in exporting the viewed data on the user PC.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, Chantao said:

They will not do that, because anything that is somehow transmitted, the danger of being tapped. Maxthon, however, stands for safety.

8 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

http://xlab.tencent.com/special/spectre/spectre_check.html

It would not be too much, for future versions, to be able to access the flags of the chrome core. chrome: // flags

I've been wanting access to about://flags in Maxthon's Blink core and access to more advanced options via command flags since at least when Karl Mattson joined Maxthon International.

• 3 months later...

@BugSir006

are you still thrilled with this - last update over 6 months ago as far as i can tell

another imitative that comes with a fanfare and quickly dies

add this to the scrapheap of false starts and false promises

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

On 5/19/2018 at 9:07 AM, Tony said:

@BugSir006

are you still thrilled with this - last update over 6 months ago as far as i can tell

another imitative that comes with a fanfare and quickly dies

add this to the scrapheap of false starts and false promises

They are still stuck in sept 2017

3 hours ago, Kaiyo said:

They are still stuck in sept 2017

Yep pretty much what was expected...

On 1/19/2018 at 9:01 AM, 7twenty said:

Well that's not surprising. Pretty much exactly what I expected to happen - a little bit of hoohaa like something amazing is happening, then it gets completely forgotten. Add it to the pile... 

• 2 weeks later...

Without an export option in Passkeeper, i found a simple workaround to retrieve and save all passwords stored for your Maxthon account. :Ghost_Emoji_42x42:

A minimum HTML knowledge is necessary to understand displayed information, and instructions to offline processing of retrieved information is not provided.

Be very careful, since saving passwords on a plain file is not safe!!!

1. From http://www.maxthon.com website, click on "My U+" menu on top, or directly go to https://www.uu.me

2. Login with your Maxthon account.

3. You should be now in your "Maxthon U+" web page: click on "Passkeeper" on top menu (password will be asked again).

4. You will now see a  web page with the list of all your accounts and passwords (don't worry if they look "masked" by dots). This is NOT the Passkeeper tool embedded in Maxthon browser, but an ordinary/plain/unprotected web page with the same data.

5. With your browser, now right-click anywhere in the page and select "View page source" or anything similar, depending on the browser (this can be copied/pasted in a text editor or saved as plain HTML file for your own purposes, including offline processing in a more readable way, e.g. in an Excel file).

6. The HTML code is then shown, and there you can search for a line with this tag:
         <table class="table table-mmds table-sort table-sort-search table-sort-show-search-count">

7. This is the beginning of the entire list of your accounts & password: for each list entry, you can easily see 4 "blocks of code":
    a. the <td> tag for the table cell with the name of the site and the link to show details ('<a href="fav.html?m=see&unid=...')
    b. the <td> tag for the table cell containing the Account name for the site ('<td class="caname search-item">...')
    c. the <td> tag for the table cell containing the password for the account ('<td class="pwd-item capassword"><input type="password" class="originpwd" name="password" readonly value="PASSWORD">...') [yes!!! That is your password for the site, fully readable!!!]
    d. the <td> tag for the table cell with the web address of the site ('<td class="orgin-item search-item caurl"><span>...')

Check it out!!!

Just concerned about Maxthon security, if an unprotected web page can be generated and saved in such an easy way...

• -ody- unpinned this topic

Archived