grbac

confirmed [v5.1.2.2000] Bug with History and Last Session lost!!! AGAIN

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

History for the month of September is lost. And the last Session tabs. Right after update. Which you can't avoid. AMAZING. 

Edited by grbac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I've learned one thing at Maxthon the last few months: you have to store: history, bookmarks and search engines. Perhaps the snapshots are gone, but somehow sync again, then these are back. Yes, sync, anyway. That was different with MX4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no problem with Favorites, Sync or whatnot... History for September only and Last Session Tabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This is how the History looks like. Obviously there is a big gap of few months. This is all now when they announced that History and Last Session could be imported from MX4. Who cares!!! Don't touch my data. Or at least make a backup of User folder to protect personal data and usage. I'm not the one who should think about it every time there is an update of YOUR browser. 

Meanwhile, the new version can still be downloaded. Does anyone reads the forum here at all?

 

EDIT: So apparently, the MX4 data, which I stopped using but I did not uninstall it, got imported and overwritten, without even asking me. This messed up the MX5 History and Last Session. 

History_20170926164853.jpg

Edited by grbac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly the same happened to me with the latest update. No items listed in Last session window and September history wiped out. Great. (only MX5 installed on my computer.) That Last session feature really makes me stay with Maxthon, but what's the point of it when it gets lost so easily?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit upset by this too. Up until now I never cleared my history. My history went all the way back to 2010. And now it's all gone. Yes, 7 years is a lot, but it has come in handy many times. In university, sometimes I'd have an assignment and I remember l read an article related to the assignment in the past, but l couldn't remember the website and googfle searching wasn't working, so l'd search my browser history and there it is. I cannot even count how many times I needed it. Now, it's all gone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.1.2.2000 has no problem for me with history, it's all there intact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

5.1.2.2000 has no problem for me with history, it's all there intact.

lost a year of history  too... jumps from 2016/7/29 to 2017/9/26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@grbac @xstanley @Hornet331 @Mo88 @ -ody-

There must be exist any problem for this time update. We will be appreciate if you can provide us some details about this issue:

 1. Please reply me what's your previous version before update?

2. Tap Win+R, imput %appdata%, there will appear a folder of Maxthon5. and the thing we want to confirm is whether there appear a folder named" Maxthon 3". 

If others meet the same issue, you can also check and reply me. 

.1.png

1.png

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost my history and last session too. 

2 PCs...I updated from 5.1.1.1000 to 5.1.2.2000.

6 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

"%appdata"

You mean "%appdata%"? My "Maxthon5" folder has a size of 583Mb....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, observer said:

I lost my history and last session too. 

2 PCs...I updated from 5.1.1.1000 to 5.1.2.2000.

You mean "%appdata%"? My "Maxthon5" folder has a size of 583Mb....

Thank you for your information.

Yes %appdata% 

Have you tried to make a compressed package? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

336Mb

I also noticed smth strange with history and last-session.

Opened tabs are stored to last session. After Mx exit all opened tabs are on "last opened sites" list and not in last session. 

Last session at every start is reverted to the day, to which history was cleared at Mx installation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, observer said:

336Mb

I also noticed smth strange with history and last-session.

Opened tabs are stored to last session. After Mx exit all opened tabs are on "last opened sites" list and not in last session. 

Last session at every start is reverted to the day, to which history was cleared at Mx installation.

 

1.Tap Win+R, imput %appdata%, there will appear a folder of Maxthon5. and the thing we want to confirm is whether there appear a folder named" Maxthon 3". 

Can you find "Maxthon3"folder?

2.Last session issue, here I've tried by your steps, the "last opened sites" shown abnormal(here I can re-produce as you said). I am sending this issue to develop-team. Will reply you if it is confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Can you find "Maxthon3"folder?

yes. it's there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not looked at history - not something i use - i lost last session but when i went back to an earlier version it came back - re-open 2000 and its gone so it looks like its still all there but this version is not seeing it

maybe the same with history - try going back to an earlier version see if its still there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back to 5.1.1.1000.

history is gone up to the date is was cleared by 5.1.2.2000.

last session is correct but previous last session is the same as it was in5.1.2.2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Updated from 5.1.2.200 beta,

maxthon 3 folder is there, so it seems its like grbac said, the last update automatically imported the old data, overwriting the current data.


Going back to 5.1.2.1000 fixes the last and previous session. History is still not show. But you can access it manually. When you click on the dates by itself. But its not searchable.

Already tried removing mx3 folder and reinstalling but history is still not searchable.

 

Sticking to 1000 till the last and earlier session bug is fixed.

Edited by Hornet331

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I uninstalled Maxthon 4 several months ago, however, I also have 'maxthon 3' folder in AppData.

I hope that the team is able to restore the history at least (as it was synced on the server), it is definitely a must!

Edited by xstanley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok something that worked for me to at least restore most of the history

 

Go to *\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Users\*USERNAME*\History

There you have history.dat which is the current history file and other files: History_Part_xx.dat

This are saved history files. Rename or delete the current History.dat (renaming i safer), and rename the last History_Part_xx.dat to History.dat

Maxthon should be closed while doing this, when you open Maxthon again you should have access to the cutoff date from the last file, mine was from the 17.09.2017, so I only lost about a week of history, but its searchable again.

 

Edited by Hornet331
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

1.Tap Win+R, imput %appdata%, there will appear a folder of Maxthon5. and the thing we want to confirm is whether there appear a folder named" Maxthon 3". 

Can you find "Maxthon3"folder?

2.Last session issue, here I've tried by your steps, the "last opened sites" shown abnormal(here I can re-produce as you said). I am sending this issue to develop-team. Will reply you if it is confirm.

No Maxthon3 folder on mine, just Maxthon 5.

Edit: Hornet331's suggestion gave me history going back to February 2017 but not further. In my user history folder I have 6 parts so everything is still there, it's just not showing in Maxthon

Edited by Mo88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

@grbac @xstanley @Hornet331 @Mo88 @ -ody-

There must be exist any problem for this time update. We will be appreciate if you can provide us some details about this issue:

 1. Please reply me what's your previous version before update?

2. Tap Win+R, imput %appdata%, there will appear a folder of Maxthon5. and the thing we want to confirm is whether there appear a folder named" Maxthon 3". 

If others meet the same issue, you can also check and reply me. 

.1.png

1.png

Thanks!

 

1. I'm not sure what was my last version. I would tell you, but I have no History! mx5.1.2.1000 this is on my HDD, I think it's safe to assume that was my installed version. Anyway, I got the update prompt from Maxthon to update to the BAD version. Not sure if that faeture came with mx5.1.2.1000.

2. yes, Maxthon3 folder is there. That is how i figured about the bug. I wen to the Maxthon Facebook where it proudly announced that you can import MX4 history and last session. ofc my MX4 session is empty.

I must say that this is a complete breach of policy/procedure before rolling out the new update. And this is not even a Beta, it's Official version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback from all of you. And on V 5.1.2.2000 exactly exist problem when importing the history record. Recently we will release a new official version to fix that issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our History and Last Sessions will still be lost.

Please relay to Devs to consider a backup of user files in future updates. Otherwise, test the prealpha versions yourselves before releasing the product.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, grbac said:

Our History and Last Sessions will still be lost.

Please relay to Devs to consider a backup of user files in future updates. Otherwise, test the prealpha versions yourselves before releasing the product.

there used to be a system where updates were posted early in a private section for testing - for reasons known only to Maxthon they seem to have abandoned that - the section and testers still exist but no new versions have been posted there for quite a while - they speak of testers who i assume test versions before release - who and where they are is unknown - they dont seem to catch much if they infact exist

the history thing being a case in point - seems to be just one rushed version after the last one with little or no regard to users

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New version is out, nice. Now please restore our deleted history. It's been synced with your server, so it must be possible. Thank you.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 9:57 AM, xstanley said:

New version is out, nice. Now please restore our deleted history. It's been synced with your server, so it must be possible. Thank you.

Nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, xstanley said:

Nothing?

I don't think this is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right... There aren't even any Maxthon team's statement on it.

They've managed to lose my loyalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xstanley said:

You are right... There aren't even any Maxthon team's statement on it.

They've managed to lose my loyalty.

They have been on vacation for a week or 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites