BugSir006

MX5 PC Official Release 5.1.2.2000

7 posts in this topic

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to having a try of the brand new release!

Version 5.1.2.2000

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Also available on Maxthon's official website

http://www.maxthon.com/

Happy browser and leave your comment!

:tada::tada::tada:

Maxthon Team

1 person likes this

what have you changed - i have never had an auto update - this morning Maxthon had updated over night - i dont want that - i want to do it manually - you managed to delete some files i had in the maxthon main dir and modified the config file in users 

NOT IMPRESSED

keep the hell out of my system - i will decide if i want to update - not you

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Tony said:

what have you changed - i have never had an auto update - this morning Maxthon had updated over night - i dont want that - i want to do it manually - you managed to delete some files i had in the maxthon main dir and modified the config file in users 

NOT IMPRESSED

keep the hell out of my system - i will decide if i want to update - not you

The previous version had a lot crashed and it existed security threat. So we make an auto-update on V5.1.2.2000. And the features have no changes as before. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

The previous version had a lot crashed and it existed security threat. So we make an auto-update on V5.1.2.2000. And the features have no changes as before. 

not good enough - sorry - i run my own skin which involved mods to 3 dat files - you delete these to add your own - security or no security problem you should not ride roughshod overs users choice - that is not your function 

if you have a problem then flag it with a notification or email to users - deleting a setup and modding a config file is not yours to do

like i said - keep the hell out of my system - even Microsoft give choice when it comes to updates - what makes you so special that you override users wishes 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Tony said:

not good enough - sorry - i run my own skin which involved mods to 3 dat files - you delete these to add your own - security or no security problem you should not ride roughshod overs users choice - that is not your function 

if you have a problem then flag it with a notification or email to users - deleting a setup and modding a config file is not yours to do

like i said - keep the hell out of my system - even Microsoft give choice when it comes to updates - what makes you so special that you override users wishes 

skin?  Is your previous version MX4?

24 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

skin?  Is your previous version MX4?

a skin - my own skin in MX5 - achieved by mods to the 3 dat files - as wilser and others post here - by blind updating you override these files for your own - users should have a choice as they may not have backups

in the same way the update overwrote files in the user dir - this resulted in my saved tabs being deleted - again something you should give choice on

21 hours ago, Tony said:

a skin - my own skin in MX5 - achieved by mods to the 3 dat files - as wilser and others post here - by blind updating you override these files for your own - users should have a choice as they may not have backups

in the same way the update overwrote files in the user dir - this resulted in my saved tabs being deleted - again something you should give choice on

Sorry for the issue may bring you inconvenience Tony. I have already known about your issue. As what I've said before.. we make an auto-update on V5.1.2.2000 because of there's a lot crashed exist in previous version..But the situation of data loss from update is not what we expect to see. We will have a test here and check whether it delete users any files or not.