QR code

Simamtk

I was really glad to see that in recent versions, the embedded QR code function from Maxthon 4 is back. Although several Maxthon extensions also offer the same function, they all have certain defects. The embedded QR generator is certainly more preferable.

However, it seems when I scan the QR code generated by Maxthon with my phone, most of the time, I get a uu.me url link, and the link title usually says, "Maxthon browser download". Guys, this ain't cool!! When I share this url with friends, they wouldn't open it, because it looks like a link to a file, and they worry it might be an ad or even virus. Also, sometimes, the url redirects, and does not give me the original page I am sharing.

Very occasionally though, I do get a direct link to the web page I want to share. But most of the time, Maxthon reroutes/repackages the original url to a uu.me link. I hope this will get fixed in later versions.

Earlier it worked just fine - you got the same URL as in the address bar. Now it adds some kind of wrapper "uu.me...". No idea, why they made it. impossible to use now.

Hm. I've tested now on MX5.1.1.1000 - it workes fine. Seems they've fixed it. What version do you have?

1 hour ago, Kreator-2 said:

Earlier it worked just fine - you got the same URL as in the address bar. Now it adds some kind of wrapper "uu.me...". No idea, why they made it. impossible to use now.

Hm. I've tested now on MX5.1.1.1000 - it workes fine. Seems they've fixed it. What version do you have?

I am on V 5.1.2.200.

The weird thing is, this morning I tried to share several links with people, and only the first QR code I scanned gave me an unspoiled direct url. The rest were all problematic.

Thanks for report this issue to us!

Sorry for the inconvenience that the QR issue may bring to all of you.. About this matter, the relevant product manager has already known the situation. The part will be optimized in future. I mean, the exact time is uncertain.  But it has been included in the plan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived