MX 5.1.0.4000 bug

Welcome! I'm using a new version of the MX 5.1.0.4000 browser, and I have a problem:
1. At startup, the browser asks for elevated access rights each time.
2. At startup and every 10-20 minutes, the browser runs the package installation, which also requests elevation of access rights. What causes the use of the browser to the unwanted.
I use a browser in a corporate environment. All users have only the level of user rights, not the administrator. In connection with this, I do not wish to see requests for elevated user rights.

• 1 month later...

Where is your Maxthon installed? Maybe try the portable version running from your desktop, as you should have full access to that folder instead of a system folder like Program files.

Done a little bit of testing, and for you to have installed MX with only user level access you need an admin password. Assuming that it was OK'd by your admins then the only time it asks for permission is if you change a setting like default browser, which would also cause it to ask that at each start up. Haven't tested the request after 10/20mins. Nor can I get any request using "about".

I'd like to see the outcome of using portable as noted above.

7 hours ago, PHYR said:

Use the security tab to allow access.

That might not be allowed as it would be set by the IT admins as to what users are allowed to access.

No, I do not need a portable version.

I understand what you mean by the browser installation directory the user has read access, but there is no right to change. But the request for elevation of rights occurs on the Windows Installer, not on disk access. And yes, the browser does not know how to set itself up by default in Windows 10. And its requirements to set itself as the default browser are absurd because it is already installed by default. And when you try to set the default browser (from browser menu), there is a request for elevation, but the elevation is not necessary for this function.

And good news!!! today i have an update request up to 5.1.3.1000

At now, i don't get request for elevation of rights! - on all moments (launch, about menu, every 10-20min)

THANKS TO DEVELOPERS!!!:5884970a7da3a_1:

Archived