Kilmatar

confirmed 5.1.2.100 still seize URL extension

11 posts in this topic

Maxthon still seize .URL file extension during installation/updating.

Dear Maxthon developers. This is a VERY BAD idea because you broke STEAM shortcuts on desktop. This file extension must be registered to BROWSER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Kilmatar

Thanks for your comment, and this issue is already solved in our schedule. I guess it won't be too long..

We will stop letting users open the .URL file extension default by Maxthon browser.. I will remind you get upgrade when the issue fix. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Still 
The new maxthon update broke\change all steam shortcuts urls to maxthon urls 
unacceptable !
UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION!!
i like this browser using for over 2 years some where
but i don't like a browser that cant make sense of game urls
i am one tick of deleting maxthon now 
Its because every time update comes out shortcuts are changed 
ands already a bugger to change most to the ones i need

Edited by 1407232312

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 4:46 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hello Kilmatar

Thanks for your comment, and this issue is already solved in our schedule. I guess it won't be too long..

We will stop letting users open the .URL file extension default by Maxthon browser.. I will remind you get upgrade when the issue fix. 

 

8 hours ago, 1407232312 said:

Still 
The new maxthon update broke\change all steam shortcuts urls to maxthon urls 
unacceptable !
UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION!!
i like this browser using for over 2 years some where
but i don't like a browser that cant make sense of game urls
i am one tick of deleting maxthon now 
Its because every time update comes out shortcuts are changed 
ands already a bugger to change most to the ones i need

Did you read the @BugSir006 post above?  The problem is said to be solved in the next version which at this time means it'll be Monday or Tuesday.

Be patient and give it a try.  I hope the fix is good.

                                    <<SL>>

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1407232312 said:

UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION!!
i am one tick of deleting maxthon now 
Its because every time update comes out shortcuts are changed 
 

Too many expression for easily solving problem. Just uncheck .URL extension handling for Maxthon. 1 minute and problem manually solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/9/9 at 11:00 PM, 1407232312 said:

Still 
The new maxthon update broke\change all steam shortcuts urls to maxthon urls 
unacceptable !
UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION!!

It will be fixed after the next 1-2 beta versions. Will not more than two beta versions. Please wait in patient because  our product team need a scheduling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Kilmatar suggested, just go to windows file extensions (Set Associations) and change .url (Internet shortcut) to Internet Browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Atavus said:

As Kilmatar suggested, just go to windows file extensions (Set Associations) and change .url (Internet shortcut) to Internet Browser

It's an easy fix, true. But a user shouldn't have to do this especially if the program that is causing the issue is doing something that it shouldn't be doing in the first place or not asking to do it first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, 7twenty said:

It's an easy fix, true. But a user shouldn't have to do this especially if the program that is causing the issue is doing something that it shouldn't be doing in the first place or not asking to do it first.

I agree. Just saying there is an easy fix till an update drops.

Edited by Atavus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites