Netflix not working

rfj

Hi!

I desided to give Maxthon a new try again after a couple of years -and it looks better than ever and have great functions! -and I thought all was fine until I was to watch Netflix! Getting this error code then! :(

Any suggestions please?

For the bugsir/misses:

Link to error help page: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/56346

I believe this has been mentioned before, the fix was related to a thirdparty plugin being required. Can't recall whether it was ever fixed, or whether this is the same issue that has come back because something changed.

Using retro mode doesn't help either. You get sound/subtitles but no video.

Given the popularity of Netflix, this is one site that the browser should be tested and ensured to work with at every release.

MaxthonSnap20170830135108.png

• 7twenty changed the title to Netflix not working

Hello rfj

About this issue,  here I restricted to area so we can't have a test on Netflix. Certainly, I can't re-produce because of the area limitation.

I guess maybe we can make an appointment, and we check that problem through the teamviewer. 

By the way, have you tried to update drivers for the graphics card?

Hi all -thanks for all replies.

I get exactly the same error msg as 7twenty -only in Norwegian ) .. -and true: Netflix works in all other browsers I have on my computer (that I hoped to get rid of most of them though if Maxthon now had no issues)...

Hope some fix will come... Cheers.

ok, it's not a solution, but you could easily use the netflix app in the win10 store.

it's a little awkward at the beginning but when you get used to it it's ok. and with the icon in the start menu is quicker then opening a browser and the page.

21 hours ago, rfj said:

Hi all -thanks for all replies.

I get exactly the same error msg as 7twenty -only in Norwegian ) .. -and true: Netflix works in all other browsers I have on my computer (that I hoped to get rid of most of them though if Maxthon now had no issues)...

Hope some fix will come... Cheers.

Is your MX5 version newest? 5.1.1.1000?  I guess maybe we can make an appointment, and we check that problem through the teamviewer. 

Archived