VideoLAN(VLC)doesnt work for V 5.1.0.4000

I finally decided to test the newest official version 

V 5.1.0.4000 and when trying out my music lounge VLC doesnt even show the media player anymore ( windows media player ) that is linked up with my VideoLAN to play the stations on my website http://thrashxcoradios.weebly.com/

Ive been stuck using the older official version 

V 5.0.4.3000 that was released in late May because the last 2 newest official versions dont play my stations, 

V 5.0.4.3000 works perfect for VLC ( windows media players ) but eventually Im going to have to upgrade to the newer ones if I expect to still use Maxthon5 as my main browser but because of this problem I keep switching back

by " retro " mode what do you mean ? In my metal lounge is 13 stations total, the main one up top is a different style of media player I coded myself that one shows and works fine, Its the other 12 that are coded in as windows media players linked up to play through VLC because thats the only way to play them for maxthon 5, older versions of maxthon 4 you dont need the VideoLAN media player app, this new official version of maxthon 5 doesnt even show the other 12 but yet 2 official versions of maxthon 5 before this new one came out they show and work perfect, the only reason I put that different one in the main media player up top is because it works for my cell phone too

I switched back already to 

V 5.0.4.3000 and everything is fine again, I dont see how only back in late May 2017 when using 

V 5.0.4.3000 to now 8/15/17 how it could have changed so much where it doesnt even show up anymore lol ... I never had to switch to retro mode before if thats what you meant 

40 minutes ago, THRASHER69 said:

I never had to switch to retro mode before if thats what you meant 

M5 is using a new updated core. No idea how those changes affected your site. Maybe a change in User Agent or something else. All I know is that your page renders properly in retro mode. What you might have against using retro mode, I don't know. You switch to it once and M5 remembers the mode each time you visit after that. Too much trouble? I don't know. Anyway, M5.1.1.300 in retro mode looks like this

THRASH.jpg

OK thanks for your help, Ive never even knew about or used those options before so now I have more understanding of how to set that up and I'll be able to jump to the newest official release, one last thing is I tested your directions and it worked but how do I switch it back out of retro mode so it doesnt remember if I wanted that option, I unchecked switch core button and refreshed the website and like you said it still remembered it haha

Archived