Session management problem

This has been brought up a few times before i think. MX needs to fix up it's session management.

When you have more than one maxthon window open, if one window has 10 tabs open and the other has 2 tabs open, if the 10 tab window is closed before the 2 tab window, the 10 tabs are lost. On restart using the mx://last-visit/ page only the 2 tab window sites are shown.

52 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi, 7twenty

The tab shown on  mx://last-visit/ page  is subject to the last operation window.

No it isn't, it is subject to the last remaining operation window. If it was subject to the last operation window 7twenty's example would open those last closed 10 tabs.

Edit; Somehow, after rereading my response, it seems like it would be fairly easy to implement, have each closed instance save tabs to last-visit page when closed. At least we'd be able to recoup the last closed instance.

15 minutes ago, PHYR said:

No it isn't, it is subject to the last remaining operation window. If it was subject to the last operation window 7twenty's example would open those last closed 10 tabs.

Mm..I am not sure whether my understanding is right.  7twenty first closed 10 tabs window and next cloesed 2 tabs window.  

And restart using the mx://last-visit/ page only the 2 tab window sites are shown. I mean.. his last operation should be [closed 2 tabs window] ..so the tab shown on page should be '2tabs window'

The problem is if only the 10 tab instance is closed, opening a new window only displays QA instead of those last closed 10 tabs. If each closed instance saved last tabs then the issue would be addressed. Furthermore, if a list of last closed instances was saved it would be ideal.

You're sort of both right. 

If the 2 tab window is left open, then the 10 tab window should show in the last visit page, as it was the last one closed. But it seems that it's made that only the last process closed causes the tab list to be saved.

Whatever the case, despite it being designed that way, it's not a very good implementation. It should keep track of the last tabs of any window closed as PHYR noted.

20 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi, 7twenty

I've just asked our develop team about this issue.  That's how they designed it.

The tab shown on  mx://last-visit/ page  is subject to the last operation window.

This does not sound like a bright idea.

I am glad I always keep no more than one window open.

17 hours ago, 7twenty said:

You're sort of both right. 

If the 2 tab window is left open, then the 10 tab window should show in the last visit page, as it was the last one closed. But it seems that it's made that only the last process closed causes the tab list to be saved.

Whatever the case, despite it being designed that way, it's not a very good implementation. It should keep track of the last tabs of any window closed as PHYR noted.

7twenty

This time I completely understand what you mean..

As you said, the 10 tabs should shown in the last visit page(if we remain the 2 tabs window open).

it should be, but  it didn't.

That's really a good  and considerable question! I think MX5 should make better user experience from details.

I've discussed with our product-team, and they will do some research about this issue,  They'll try  best to get it done as soon as possible! 

3 hours ago, Simamtk said:

This does not sound like a bright idea.

Don't worry about that.

In fact I just have a little misunderstanding of 7twenty's question. And we will try to improve this issue that 7twenty just mentioned.  

10 hours ago, Simamtk said:

Me too. But up until now it was more of a hassle to deal with. Now that you can (finally) simply drag out a tab, if you wanted to, it's quite easy to have multiple windows open. If you don't close them in the right order, or have multiple tabs in each, you'll lose all that info on the next start.

• 1 month later...

Archived