Video float function

Hi, 

need some help here. I have the habit of loading an youtube playlist or turn the autoplay on, pop up the window and resize it and move it to my secondary screen, so i can still see the content while performing other tasks. This worked like a charm, even if i clicked on random video links in the main window tab - the videos still loaded in the pop up and the pop-up itself stayed as positioned and sized by me. 

Lately though, when the player moves to next video in the playlist or to whichever video is next, the pop up window resets to original size and position as if just poped out - thus appearing in my main screen, no matter if the youtube tab is on focus or not. Extremely annoying as it interrupts whatever i do and defeating the purpose as i have to move and resize at every next video:))

Also, when floating a video - the closed captions, the new video loading icon etc remain in the main window, and are not displayed in the floating video, where the actual content is, and where it makes sense to see it. 

i think this started happening when i stopped the html5 disabling addon. Now i cannot get to a non-html5 version so i cant confirm its related. 

i am on a MX 5.0.4.3000. No plugins used, no retro mode, and the pop up is pinned to "always on top". 

thanks!

I've noticed the video restoring it's original position. Can't recall if it didn't before that. May have been a feature of the flash videos.

The subtitles staying on the main page I think is related to the fact that only the video is popped out, while the subtitles are still being drawn on the page. Not sure if that can be fixed. Although seeing as the video is able to, i can't see why the subtitle element can't do the same.

thanks 7twenty. The floating window retained position and size as i set them for sure about 2 weeks ago. the only change i did recently was to stop the "disable html5" plugin so i could have the loop video option, and could never restore its functionality again, so right now im on html5 no matter what. it could have been the flash to do the magic, but i dont see why we cant have this with html5 too.. the pop out function doesnt really have a value if you cant move and retain the window where you want it ;) 

Archived