5.1.0.4000 - GMail refreshes onces after every action

I can log into Gmail without a problem - unlike the problem  Chantao described here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/22400-v-5104000-gmail-login-again-and-again/#comment-118802

Once logged in, whatever action I click it will do it, and thenn immediately refresh once. So if I click Sent Items it will open my Sent Items and straight away refresh to open the Sent Items again. It does this only once, so after that I can do something with my sent items, but it is still frustrating, especially when I want to create a mail.

Since Chantao suspected SaveTube to be causing it, I disabled (not even removed) that.

Chantao is right, that is the cause. Gmail works fine now in 5.1.0.4000.

I post this here just to inform people who may also experience this problem. And to say thanks to Chantao of courseJ

• 4 weeks later...
On 13.08.2017 at 8:19 PM, WildRice said:

Since Chantao suspected SaveTube to be causing it, I disabled (not even removed) that.

Hi, guys!

I made SaveTube for MX. But honestly, I have no idea how it works. I just use script and write how it have to be runned. I used "entryPoints": ["doc_end"]. It mean that script will be runned when page is loaded. And now I tested GMail with SaveTube and it really looks stragne: page was upload and reload again. I don't know why. 

Sebaro knows about this (he showed me this post), but he use Linux and can't test this issue. 
Maybe someone from Maxthon Team know the reason?

In theory, the script should only work for these sites: 
        "include": ["*.youtube.com", "youtube.com",
                         "*.dailymotion.com", "dailymotion.com",
                         "*.vimeo.com", "vimeo.com",
                         "*.metacafe.com", "metacafe.com",
                         "*.break.com", "break.com",
                         "*.funnyordie.com", "funnyordie.com",
                         "*.veoh.com", "veoh.com",
                         "*.viki.com", "viki.com",
                         "*.imdb.com", "imdb.com"]

P.S. I'll try to change entryPoints, maybe it will help.
I really don't know why it happened. Because these MX extensions are very simple. 

And what about original SaveTube script? If you use it with ViolentMonkey. do you have the same issue?

UDP:
I made no changes, but test it again. And GMail works OK, without reloading. It mean that this issue of first visit only.
And I checked websites in scritp: there are nothing about *.google.com

UPD 2:
I tested original SaveTube script with ViolentMonkey. The same result.
So this is the problem of script and browser interaction. Because users of other browsers did not write about this. 

Tomorrow I'll write new post to collect all information about the problem.

First, second or more visits make no difference for me without ViolentMonkey, it reloads every time.

Then I installed ViolentMonkey and installed the original SaveTube script within ViolentMonkey.

With the SaveTube add on disabled and the SaveTube script in VilolentMonkey enabled GMail then behaves as you say in your UPD: it reloads the first time only, and works fine after that..

Archived