CBS.com videos fail to play (v, 5.1.1.200)

I have encountered a probem on CBS.com.  It seems to be coincident with the release of this version, but I'm not certain as they have been doing things to make their ads more aggresive at this same time.  The ayyached screen shot shows the end point I am taken to.

CBS.com_Mx5_1_1_200 video failure_20170809145726.png

The screen shot fails to show it very well, but the video is blurred by the dark translucent overlay and a message "Refresh this page to try again" is displayed in the center.

If ABP is enabled, this screen shows immediatey after a short time showing the video loading spinner.  If ABP is disabed an ad may start paying but this screen comes up after the first ad plays.  I get the same behavior in Mx4.4.8.2000.  But Chrome pays thru abeit with ads since I can't instal extensions in this Chrome (permissions)

It does the same in Retro mode with ABP disabled.

This blocking CBS. com videos completely in Maxthon completely in Maxthon.

Can anyone confirm or provide  an explanation.

<<SL>>

I just did a quick test and went to CBS.com, which displayed properly I assume and then clicked on Candy Crush and it began playing, originally with ABP disabled for that site, but when I turned ABP on, it still was playing as I assume it is supposed to, as I have never watched that program or used CBS.com before. Only thing that occurs to me initially is if have you updated flash in this new version? There is a utility that someone (I think 7 twenty) posted called MX Flash Updater_1.05.exe that I downloaded a little while ago that I can't seem to find on the forum right now. ( I did find this thread that talks a lot about an earlier version of the utility but the link to it is no longer found.

Scroll down through the thread to see where this utility is discussed, but I wish I could find the updated version. Hopefully someone who knows where it is at will come along here. ) I use this to update the flash in every version that I install, internal, betas and finals and it works great. It also downloads the latest Flash if your system doesn't already have it and then updates the Maxthon version. I wish I could help you more with that, even if that doesn't help with your issue. But I had no issue at all with CBS.com videos, sorry. And that is without having an account or signing in. 

Videos are geoblocked for me. Tried using a proxy but the videos don't show. Not sure if that's because of the proxy or the issue you're describing.

3 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Scroll down through the thread to see where this utility is discussed, but I wish I could find the updated version. Hopefully someone who knows where it is at will come along here. )

It's in the Adobe Flash and Maxthon thread: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/21476-adobe-flash-and-maxthon

6 hours ago, PHYR said:

I had to turn off user agent(no user agent) to get it to play, otherwise only the ad played followed by the same message you got.

This was the solution to the problem that croped up.  I had Custom UA checked though with the Maxthon UA choice.  Turn it off and the problem is gone with and without ABP.

Thanks Rick for your Flash update suggestions.  I have used manua updating for so ong I don't need the updater utiity.  I did discover that Maxthon has updated to Fash 24 in the build ... pnly a couple versions behind Adobe.

<<SL>>

Archived