Certificates not working? SiteDisable error

Hi,

A long time ago I noticed that server certificates are not working properly or, at least, can´t be verified successfully.
Whenever I access an HTTPS site, instead of seeing a closed grey or green lock indicator on the address bar, I see a Brown indicator with the message "SiteDisableMessage" and it is impossible to chech  the certificate´s atributes.

I am having this issue since I upgraded to Maxthon 5 and I am up to date using version 5.1.1.200 and stiill I see the same behaviour,

Is there anything wrong?

Regards,

Ariel

6 hours ago, ArielOjosVerdes said:

I see a Brown indicator with the message "SiteDisableMessage" and it is impossible to chech  the certificate´s atributes.

You've disabled the secure URL scan in settings > Privacy & Content.

Enable that and you should get a green padlock with the option to view the certificate.

The error you noted "SiteDisableMessage" seems to be a placeholder that hasn't had it's text string updated.

Thank you 7twenty. That was it. I use to disable that feature as it seems to mean that the browser send the URLs I access to Maxthon, and I want to avoid that, Even more annoying and worrisome is that when that feature is disabled there is no option given to see the site´s certificate. Shoud I post a bug report about that second issue?

11 hours ago, ArielOjosVerdes said:

I use to disable that feature as it seems to mean that the browser send the URLs I access to Maxthon,

I'm not 100% certain, but looking at some of the Maxthon files, i'm pretty sure the security check is done locally against a list of urls provided by the Chinese company knet (http://knet.cn).

As to why they don't allow you to check the sites certificate when you disable that feature, i'm not sure. Make a post and hopefully you'll get answer or they'll fix it and add that option even with the security check disabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived