Spell check not working

On 7/14/2017 at 1:11 AM, 7twenty said:

Where did you try it?

Does it happen in all text boxes?

Did you try enabling/disabling?

Did you try switching to English (UK) and back again?

Switching to another language and back did the trick (BTW I think UK version should be near normal one) .

So the bug is that for some reason, it doesn't work on the initial language chosen. Still a bug.

Is it possible to set multiple languages to have a spell check? Could be cool...

4 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

(BTW I think UK version should be near normal one) .

I've thought the same everytime I look at that dropdown.

So the bug is that for some reason, it doesn't work on the initial language chosen. Still a bug.

No, i haven't had an issue that i recall ever. There hasn't been any other posts about it. You've not stated that this is a reproducible issue on multiple re-installs or on different systems.

Could just be a weird one off thing on your install. 

Is it possible to set multiple languages to have a spell check?

Been requested a number of times...probably not going to happen... but you never know.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:11 AM, 7twenty said:

Where did you try it?

Does it happen in all text boxes?

Did you try enabling/disabling?

Did you try switching to English (UK) and back again?

15 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I've thought the same everytime I look at that dropdown.

No, i haven't had an issue that i recall ever. There hasn't been any other posts about it. You've not stated that this is a reproducible issue on multiple re-installs or on different systems.

Could just be a weird one off thing on your install. 

Been requested a number of times...probably not going to happen... but you never know.

What do you mean "no"? It is a bug. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it with proof...

43 minutes ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

What do you mean "no"? It is a bug. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it with proof...

Your proof is that it doesn't/didn't work for you in that instance/on your system.

As above "i haven't had an issue that i recall ever. There hasn't been any other posts about it. You've not stated that this is a reproducible issue on multiple re-installs or on different systems."

I'm not stating it's not an issue for you, on your system - it clearly is. But until it can be reproduced consistently then I (and I only) wouldn't class it as a bug.

EDIT: just noticed you said initial language chosen - my mistake. After playing around it seems there is a weird issue where the default spell check doesn't seem to want to work.

EDIT2: I was changing the browser language!?
Testing with portable, on first run no spell check language is selected. Once selected it seems to work as expected. Not sure if things change, or if the system language is selected when using the installer version.

Archived