MX 5.1 Background Processes

MX 5.1 1) Tabs constantly refreshing 2) up to 8 MX5 background processes running at one time. 3) youtube and other videos crash and try to refresh itself but locks up and gets stuck on refreshing 4) when watching youtube videos CPU usage goes up to 40%.

I am constantly having to close MX5 and restarting to clear any locked up pages and clear background processes and CPU usage.

I followed the guidelines. MX5 seems to use a high amount of memory and CPU. I tend to watch a lot of youtube live streams and Facebook Live streams. I am wondering how MX5 processes these videos since it seems the number of background processes, CPU usage and memory usage have some correlation to the number of pages or streams watched. The longer a stream is watched, the more a stream will "crash". Refreshing the page does not help. If I close MX5 and then End Task on all MX processes and then reopen MX5, things are back to normal. maybe it is cache related. I don't have this issue if I run Opera or Edge.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I just hope to find a solution and hope reporting issues can make MX better. I have used Maxthon for many years going back to early 2000's.

Archived