Something Off in 4.9.5.1000's GUI Size Rendering

I got an error in trying to download the installer version of 4.9.5.1000.  So, I decided to try the PortableApps.com version of 4.9.5.1000.

I don't know about the rest of y'all that tried it, but here on my end on my computer ... there appears to be something off in the size rendering of the browser's page / GUI.  As evidenced in Image #1, the top of the outline of the tab is chopped off.

In Image #2, to the right of where you see my "Computer Apps" favorite on my Favorites Bar, you'll notice an "F" appearing.  That is not supposed to be appearing on my Favorites Bar.  That "F" for "Forums" is normally supposed to be completely over in the drop down menu extension of the Favorite Bar.

In Image #3, you can see that that entire Bar where you see the ABP icon is pushed too far downward.  Those icons are not vertically centered in that Bar like they normally are.

I even tried twice resetting all the settings to default just in case I accidentally moved a setting that I wasn't supposed to.  But, still got the same results.

Maxthon Image 01.jpg

Maxthon Image 02.jpg

Maxthon Image 03.jpg

16 minutes ago, Chim said:

So no one has tried 4.9.5.1000 ... or no one has encountered this issue?

We all have tried and used that version but that version is a bit old and most of us have been using MX5 for some time now; first the 5.0.x series and now the 5.1.x series. Nothing wrong with using that version, but it may be hard getting help from users as it's been awhile since any have used that one and therefore not familiar with it any more to be of much help for you. Sorry that doesn't help you much but at least you know now why no one is chiming in so far.

As rick.lane said, few users would still be on 4.9.x

I had a quick look the other day, but couldn't notice any issues.

This is a screenshot from a clean portable extraction. As you can see the top of the tabs are there, the status bar icons are all in line.

Untitled.png

You seem to have a skin/theme on yours. Try without it and see what happens.

Also try a portable version with no userdata and see if you get the same. If that is good, then import your userdata to it and see if it happens again.

Maybe it's an issue with how 4.9.5.1000 works in Windows XP.  I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.  Rick ... 7twenty, I take it you two are almost assuredly using Windows 10 or at least Windows 7?

Cuz right now I was easily able to recreate the situation.  I first uninstalled my portable 4.9.5.1000 and reinstalled my portable 4.9.4.2000.  Everything went back to working fine with the GUI.  I then uninstalled my working 4.9.4.2000 and reinstalled 4.9.5.1000.  The GUI problem returned.

And I'm talking I can even see the difference right off the bat with the default LOOK of both versions even before I install my custom backgrounds.  And with all the default settings ... before me touching so much as a single setting.  So the issue doesn't appear to be related to my installation of custom backgrounds or any settings.

I am attaching the desktop LOOKs of both versions as per how they look on my 1280 x 1024px monitor.  At 100% resolution, try comparing the look of all 4 corners of both versions and in general the top, bottom, left and right regions of both versions.  By quickly switching between both versions, you'll immediately see that apparently 4.9.4.2000 has 2 or 3 extra pixels of space on the top, bottom, left and right sides vs. 4.9.5.1000. (1st image is 4.9.4.2000.  2nd image is 4.9.5.1000.)

Anyway, yeah, Rick, 7twenty, I see what you guys are saying regarding very few users still using 4.9.x.xxxx.  Still, I hope the Devs can look into this issue and fix it because after all, 4.9.5.1000 WAS put out there.  And IF it IS flawed, well, hopefully they can look into it given that 4.9.4.2000 didn't exhibit that idiosyncrasy.

I might give Maxthon 5 another shot here soon, although I'll probably have to wait to download it over at my sister's house with her High Speed Internet.  That'll probably be in around 2 weeks.  She's not even in town right now.  Does Maxthon 5 now have the capability for us to install custom backgrounds?  That would certainly make me drool and speed up my need to jump on the Maxthon 5 bandwagon. :titter:

Thanks for your insight, Rick ... 7twenty. 

4.9.4.2000 Portable Maxthon Desktop.jpg

4.9.5.1000 Portable Maxthon Desktop.jpg

I wasn't going to worry about this because, well it's XP. But just out of curiosity i did.

Tested .3000 and .1000 and both had the same issues you described above. Both were clean portable versions, nothing added.

MaxthonSnap20170707000655.pngMaxthonSnap20170707000738.png

So you're saying even Maxthon 5 is exhibiting the issue in question ... albeit only in Windows XP?  If so, I sure hope this doesn't mean it's the new normal.  It can't possibly be.  Icons & stuff are pushed / crammed towards the outer edges to whereby they are no longer centered and outright look bad.  Of course, there's no telling if the Windows XP Card will be pulled out so as not to fix it.  

HAVE the Devs been informed regarding this issue?  Or can you at least tell me on what thread or with what e-mail address or however I can inform them?

Didn't test with MX5. Both images above are MX4.

The Bugsir/misses will be the ones that know if this has been logged as an issue.

If you want to test MX5 without causing issues on your current install, download and run the Portable version. Just make sure all instances of your installed Maxthon are closed.

Then you can check for this and any other issues, see if you like it and if it works for you. From there you can continue using it/import data, or install the installer version.

Archived