darknessblade

pc issue resource sniffer bug.

7 posts in this topic

hello

 

when using resource-sniffer to leach video's from sites, i have noticed that the name always becomes: videoplayback.mp4

while at the site the name of the video is still correct,

the version of maxthon i am running: V 5.1.0.1700

what is the best solution to fix this issue,

i did not have this issue before updating to this version

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, thanks for posting.

12 hours ago, darknessblade said:

i did not have this issue before updating to this version

What was the version you used previously?

12 hours ago, darknessblade said:

name always becomes: videoplayback.mp4

And this refers to the file name be downloaded? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

the version i was using before:

mx5.1.0.1400-beta

 

yes that is the name of the file/video.

the other name it could have is a scrambled name of symbols.

-----------------------------------

this happens to all video's even to video's that i have downloaded/leached before, from the same "video" server. 

normally the name of the video is like this (replaced the name with .....)

....... ... ... ...... Episode *** - Watch ....... ... ... ......  Episode *** 

____________________________

clearing the user-data folder does not solve the problem.

Edited by darknessblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

update:, the latest version still has the same problem, still a scambled or videoplayback.mp4 name for the video files.

clean install does not solve the problem.

 

______________________

edit: some have a semi correct name: like Episode xx.mp4 but its still missing a lot of text from the video name

Edited by darknessblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, darknessblade said:

clean install does not solve the problem.

It's not a settings issue. Something the dev's need to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It's not a settings issue. Something the dev's need to fix.

i am aware of it, but sometimes people will always recommend to do a clean install, and i already test it, before they will start saying it should work/fix the issue.

------------------

some of the video-hosts that have this issue: (this way testing will be easier)

"rapidvideo"

"mp4upload"

"openload"

and a unknown one  called "beta server"

if there is any update regarding this problem please let me know.

a fix will be nice,

since downgrading will only corrupt the QA window,

(had this a few times before. luckily i had a recent local backup, to fix it, since the online data was corrupt and thus showing a clean QA window, {as you have a clean install and not logged in})

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

*bump.

 

currently the bug became worse.

now the file extensions are gone, and i have to add them manually.

 

the download names are even corrupt for files from (mega.com/others), since crome can download them just fine

_______________________________

for video's the bug has been solved, i will test it soon for the "other sites" i have issues with

 

Edited by darknessblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites