Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7twenty

iOS/android smart image display

4 posts in this topic

Following this up here as it's a little easier to read/follow than on crowdin.

So i think there may be some miscommunication in what i was trying to correct.

On Android there is the "Smart Image Display" feature that is noted as such on the menu with a on/off switch. Then there is a notification stating "Smart Image Display on/off" depending on what was done.

For some reason this same feature is shown as "smart pictureless" on iOS. And this is what the issue was referring to. It should also be "Smart Image Display".

Maybe I should have added the comment to the "smart pictureless" string, but I thought that it made enough sense that it was about the feature name, which would affect all the related strings, not the exact string the comment was on.

I don't have an iOS device, so if someone can provide a screenshot it would be handy if i'm not on the right track.

In summary for the iOS strings left:

smart pictureless turned on > smart image display on
smart pictureless turned off > smart image display off
smart pictureless > Smart Image Display
Always pictureless turned on > Never display images

@BugMiss006

1 person likes this

On 6/19/2017 at 5:13 AM, 7twenty said:

Following this up here as it's a little easier to read/follow than on crowdin.

Can't agree more than Crowdin isn't a good platform for following up the tickets...

On Android there is the "Smart Image Display" feature that is noted as such on the menu with a on/off switch. Then there is a notification stating "Smart Image Display on/off" depending on what was done.

For some reason this same feature is shown as "smart pictureless" on iOS. And this is what the issue was referring to. It should also be "Smart Image Display".

That's right and also what I mean in my comment. There are two kinds of strings about it: one for the name, another for a state.

smart pictureless turned on > smart image display on
smart pictureless turned off > smart image display off
smart pictureless > Smart Image Display
Always pictureless turned on > Never display images

I understand your point and have revised accordingly on the source file of iOS, except that I use uppercase for the name always, like "Smart Image Display".

Besides, I also have no idea why there's no "state-like" strings in Android, so we don't have "Smart Image Display on" and "Smart Image Display off" in Android. I think that's also why you failed to add the comments under the correct strings.

3 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

I also have no idea why there's no "state-like" strings in Android, so we don't have "Smart Image Display on" and "Smart Image Display off" in Android.

It uses a common variable for the string.

"%s" is disabled/enabled or switched to "%s"

Ideally both platforms would use the same terminology, unless there's something in the way that it's notified that requires the different wording.

19 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It uses a common variable for the string.

"%s" is disabled/enabled or switched to "%s"

Ideally both platforms would use the same terminology, unless there's something in the way that it's notified that requires the different wording.

Yes. I agree with you that both Android and iOS should use the same terminology. I'll transfer the suggestion to these two teams.

1 person likes this