magnet links not working in mx5.1

OK, for some background:

I've been using the same client for ages with no issues. Other browsers have no issue with the client. UA shouldn't have any affect on this, but doesn't work anyway. Retro mode works.

Clearly a bug with the 5.1 core update.

This was also noted earlier by a user during the internal test releases.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I can click here and it will activate the third party download tool(Thunder) installed on my PC, is this the supposed steps?

Yes.

Have been testing/using a clean portable version with no userdata imported. Also ABP on/off doesn't make a difference

This is the context menu from that link on 5.1.0.1400. All 5.0.4 versions had all options available except "save target as..."

MaxthonSnap20170615205951.png

20 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This is the context menu from that link on 5.1.0.1400. All 5.0.4 versions had all options available except "save target as..."

Got you! True that before there was a member reporting the same issue, I'll forward to our tester to see what causes this issue again.

Please re-enable the Copy Link Address option in the context menu for Magnetic Links.
My Torrent client runs on a different pc than where I'm browsing.
If there is another way to copy these links, please let me know.

This option was available in Mx 5.0.4.1, but is disabled in Mx Beta 5.1.0.1400
A search didn't turn up anything "magnetic". If topic is already covered, I apologize.

Thanks,
Alex

magneticLinkNoCopy.jpg

I currently use this workaround to copy the magnetic links, in order to use them on another machine:

Open the page with details for the torrent (so there is only 1 magnetic link)
View Source of page.
Find (ctrl-F) "magnet:"
Select entire link and copy..

Not that difficult, but much more involved than simply right-clicking and choosing 'copy link address'.
Hope it helps somebody.

Thanks,
Alex

On 22/06/2017 at 6:56 AM, LXR71 said:

I currently use this workaround to copy the magnetic links,

33 minutes ago, projektilski said:

you can right click on the supposed link, 

Or just use a browser without the bug.

32 minutes ago, projektilski said:

There are no broswers without bugs. You can only choose which bugs or missing features you want :)

Oh i know. Maxthon is still missing lots, but for some reason i still use it... go figure

The post was about just using another browser for magnet links till it gets fixed.

29 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Fixed in version 5.1.0.1700 beta version :beers:

if by  5.1.0.1700 beta you mean the current version its not fixed for me 

would add downloads from mega.com are also screwed - the file is downloaded but the final action of saving with the correct download name does not work

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Fixed in version 5.1.0.1700 beta version 

It is, and it isn't.

You can now right click on a link and then copy or open the link in a new tab. Then the default program associated with torrent files will open. BUT clicking directly on the link still does nothing which is not how it's supposed to be.

5 hours ago, Tony said:

if by  5.1.0.1700 beta you mean the current version its not fixed for me 

See above. Can you check that it's the same on yours?

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It is, and it isn't.

You can now right click on a link and then copy or open the link in a new tab. Then the default program associated with torrent files will open. BUT clicking directly on the link still does nothing which is not how it's supposed to be.

See above. Can you check that it's the same on yours?

agree with that - its been like that for all along i think certainly on earlier versions than 1700 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

20 hours ago, 7twenty said:

BUT clicking directly on the link still does nothing which is not how it's supposed to be.

Got you.

Edit:

The developer reopens the bug again.

The issue is caused by that they only set thunder as the default third party software to open magnet link, so you have grey and unclickable links there, they are fixing the new bug now :)

Archived