Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astral Beast

pc issue Can't login to Maxthon Forum after upgrade to 5.1.0.1400 (Windows PC)

6 posts in this topic

Today I made an upgrade to the latest 5.1.0.1400. After that I can't login to forum here because "your browser doesn't accept cookies". Blah. I reverted back to 5.0.4.3000. Where's my misstake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Astral Beast said:

Today I made an upgrade to the latest 5.1.0.1400. After that I can't login to forum here because "your browser doesn't accept cookies". Blah. I reverted back to 5.0.4.3000. Where's my misstake?

Your mistake is reverting back to M5.0.4.3000.

Check your cookie settings in settings > Privacy and Content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, I'll check as soon, as I'll get myself in front of my PC. Are those settings so different in this versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First did you actually "upgrade" to this beta version or did you do a new install in it's own new folder since it is a beta and should not be installed over a previous 5.0.x.x version if you really want to test out the beta, and then the older version is still on your computer and available for regular use while you test the beta. (Can't run both at the same time as the executable is the same name exe. I currently have  an M2, an M4, and an M5.0 versions installed and all work one at a time). And second,  the settings aren't different than the previous versions but may have been reset during the new install. I found that I had to go into all of the settings to make sure that ALL were what I had before or what I desired as syncing did most but a few were set to the default value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran into the same thing as you ":browser doesn't support cookies" and just now discovered that everything works fine when the Customize user agent box is UNCHECKED. I had copied and pasted the latest UA for MX 5.1 Series Beta from Magdalene's "Updated User Agent" post that has updated user agents posted on the Maxthon Support & Discussion forum right after I had installed MX 5.1.0.1400 and had the same issue that you did logging into the forum.  Uncheking the box to use a customized user agent solved the issue for now. Plus I had no issue using 5.0.4.3000, which did not have an update UA in settings. The setting choice for allowing cookies was checked in all versions. More investigating is needed.

Edit Update: I just did a complete clean install of MX 5.1.0.1400, including the data file in the Roaming folder. After everything synced and I did my few customizations, I went to this forum and I was automatically logged in, as was usual before 5.1. Then I checked and the "Customize UserAgent string " box was unchecked. I checked it, saw the Settings saved notice at the top of the window, and went and tried to log in to this forum. Now I am told that my browser doesn't support cookies. Checked the cookie setting and it was checked. Went back to Advanced settings again and unchecked "Customize UserAgent string". Logging in to this forum worked again. I then went to the page where the custom user agent strings are posted and updated, (http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/21587-updated-user-agent/#comment-117760) and copied the New Minimalist Version for MX5.1 (all the way down at the bottom of the page) and pasted it in the box for Custom User Agent and checked the box. Everything seems to work and I can log in to this forum. Now someone with more knowledge about this should determine why the long form UA seems to be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read carefully rick.lane answers, and checked twice my settings. At last I found - I use custom UA string. So, I unchecked Custom UA string setting, Maxhon forum works fine, but our corporate site works on SAP Web DynPro and almost all dynamyc pages - reports - wont work at all. I made a "memory call" and was successfull: I made a merge of US stings of Maxthon 5.1.0.1400 and Firefox 52.1.2 ESR. So Maxthon Forum works fine, my Corporate portal works fine too - I use Custom UA string: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; U; WOW64; IA64; rv:52.0; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Gecko/20100101 Maxthon/5.1.0.1400 Firefox/52.0 Chrome/59.0.3071.104 Safari/537.36 QupZilla/2.1.2 OPR/45.0.2552.898

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites