How to update Adobe Flash on Maxthon 5?

Hello!

This is really old version of Adobe Flash Player and I can't figure out to update it. When I used tools from this page:

I get "can't load plug in" and only I have to reinstall Maxthon 5 to get worked again Flash Player. Sometimes flash games I play gets frozen for a moments and I'm suppsing it's old flash version. Otherwise I don't care about flash versions. Now it's simple question. How to do it? Looks something very simple but not working in my case.

I'm using latest MX 5 versio n (5. 0.4.3000) and Windows Server 2003. 

I have replaced C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_25_0_0_171.dll

to Maxthon Plugins folder but it says "can't load plugin". :( 

4 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Are you kidding me? My system is 32bit. :D

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

This thread from 7twenty may help you:

Already  tried that and that's why I started this thread.

4 hours ago, Chantao said:

And you can klick on https://webdesign.weisshart.de/show_flashversion.php to know which Flash-Version you have..

Yeah, I forgot to put screenshot wit my version. It's really old.

111.png

6 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Already tried that and that's why I started this thread.

The thread you linked in your first post is not the same as the one that BugSir006 linked.

Try this program, which is the one linked to by BugSir006. If there are any errors please advise so they can be looked into

If you did run the MX Flash Updater and you still had issues, did it give an error or explanation as to what the issue may have been?

There's been almost 700 downloads of the program and I think this is one of the first times I've heard that it didn't work properly.

4 hours ago, PHYR said:

Did you rename  pepflashplayer32_25_0_0_171.dll to pepflashplayer.dll in plugins folder?? 

I created the program so users wouldn't have to deal with all the copying and renaming etc... If people want to do things the hard way, sure go for it, but there's no need to.

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The thread you linked in your first post is not the same as the one that BugSir006 linked.

Try this program, which is the one linked to by BugSir006. If there are any errors please advise so they can be looked into

If you did run the MX Flash Updater and you still had issues, did it give an error or explanation as to what the issue may have been?

There's been almost 700 downloads of the program and I think this is one of the first times I've heard that it didn't work properly.

I created the program so users wouldn't have to deal with all the copying and renaming etc... If people want to do things the hard way, sure go for it, but there's no need to.

Also, remember to run it as Administrator.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

There's a message to tell you to try that if there's a rename/copy error.

I thought I got to most issues before the final version was released. So either the OP isn't using my version, there's something weird on the OP's system that I didn't account for, or it's user error. And even user error would be hard, as there isn't much that can be done to screw it up to not work... i think

On 2017-06-05 at 6:41 PM, PHYR said:

Did you rename  pepflashplayer32_25_0_0_171.dll to pepflashplayer.dll in plugins folder?? 

Yes, I did. And I get "can't load plugin".

22 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

It's old OS, Windows Server 2003, no need to use Administrator, I mean since I'm already administrator. 

On 2017-06-05 at 11:12 PM, 7twenty said:

Try this /rogram, which is the one linked to by BugSir006. If there are any errors please advise so they can be looked into

I'm sorry, 7twenty, I forgot to say I already tried this program and another similar for update flash MX Flash Updater_1.00 but not working.

It installs very quick for 1 second but then I see "couldn't load plugin".

111.png

112.png

113.png

111.png

112.png

After this I uninstalled all flash from my system I restarted laptop and I installed it and again "couldnt load plugin". :( 

111.png

112.png

And then I tried Mx_En_Updater and you see... It's a bit weird, funny and annoying. :( :D 

111.png

At the end I had only to reinstall Maxthon to make work again Flash at version 20. 

I tried something extreme, I removed Maxthon 4 and 5 fully from system and reinstalled but again no luck. 

And look what irony, Opera has latest version. :@

111.png

Another edit: I just installed new beta as tester which comes with new version 24 0.0.186 and now again "couldn't load plugin". This is WOW.

111.png

• 7twenty changed the title to How to update Adobe Flash on Maxthon 5?

Thank you for the detailed report :)

I didn't notice that you were using WinServer2003. Seeing as it's based on WXP/NT (5.x) it should have been flagged to state that the update doesn't support old Windows versions. Will have to fix that. I recall when originally writing this that there was some issue in getting XP to work properly with flash that wasn't the default version installed with Maxthon.

Opera working has nothing to do with Maxthon. It uses the system file unlike MX which needs it in it's own folder. All the screens and explanations you've given show that Flash is installed properly which is why it's not being reinstalled/updated.

The problem seems to lie with XP/maxthon not liking moving the files around, it breaks a link somewhere that i'm unsure of.

I'll have another quick look at this, but at this stage I think the outcome will be use the old flash version, update your OS, or use another browser. The XP series is long past it's use by date, and like many companies and developers have done, it's easier to drop support for it, than it is to try and keep it running and current.

12 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

it can run Windows 7 and newer but I don't like performance.

If you've got a Win7 licence, i'd seriously be tempted to do an upgrade to Win10. The past few releases have been dropping the minimum system specs. It's now at the point where it should run at least as well as Wxp.

Regardless, after having a quick look at the issue again, it all came flooding back that it was more effort to try and find the issue than it was to ignore Wxp altogether.

I'm going to update the updater to check for the older server versions of Windows to also get the not supported message. Have also updated the threads to state the program and instructions won't work on XP etc.

It's about time Xp was left behind... if this helps then so be it.

Well, if Adobe still supports XP and if Opera latest XP version still can update Flash why should Maxthon drop XP? :D 

When Adobe drop suport XP then I will live with it. Sure, XP's time is coming to end but as much stays long as is better for me. emotion-5.gif

5 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Well, if Adobe still supports XP and if Opera latest XP version still can update Flash why should Maxthon drop XP? :D 

When Adobe drop suport XP then I will live with it. Sure, XP's time is coming to end but as much stays long as is better for me. emotion-5.gif

Maybe you should leave XP when M$ drops XP(which it has barring rare safety concerns) , so maybe it's not really better for you.

Well thanks for your advice emotion-5.gif but it's not bettef for me because I love XP and I hate versions 8 and 10, only 7 with classic theme would be little compromise but still also there is performance so I will stay with XP for while until nothing works with it. :D 

For now some sites I visit not woking because of old certtificates but for now I visit them with Firefox but one day Firefox will drop XP support as well  ;P 

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 0:29 PM, Xahi4475 said:

I once gave a link to an interesting conversation about Adobe Flash and Windows XP.

And this is the second: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2295034

Archived