export import External Tools

Every time I install new version of Maxthon 5 Portable everything is updated except "External Tools"
For me this option is very important. Is there any way to export or import the "External Tools"

Cada vez que instalo nueva versión de Maxthon 5 portable se actualiza todo menos "External Tools"
Para mi es muy importante esta opcion. Hay alguna manera de exportar o importar la configuración "External Tools"

1 hour ago, Focus1 said:

Every time I install new version of Maxthon 5 Portable everything is updated except "External Tools"
For me this option is very important. Is there any way to export or import the "External Tools"

Do you have a Maxthon account or are you using guest mode?

If the External tool doesn't show, you can have a check on these two places:

QQ截图20170525183219.png

The "External Tools" icon appears and I have it activated, which does not synchronize the applications that I configured in the previous version of Maxthon with "External Tools"

El icono de "External Tools" si me aparece y lo tengo activado, lo que no hace es sincronizar las aplicaciones que he configurado en la version anterior de Maxthon con "External Tools"

Current

ACTUAL.jpg

Previous

ANTERIOR.jpg

• 7twenty changed the title to export import External Tools

Do you have a Maxthon account and have you logged in?

All settings and user data should be imported the first time you start the browser after upgrading.

If you don't have an account and used MX4, you could manually sync user data here, but settings cannot be synced manually. 

QQ截图20170527152607.png

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Do you have a Maxthon account and have you logged in?

All settings and user data should be imported the first time you start the browser after upgrading.

If you don't have an account and used MX4, you could manually sync user data here, but settings cannot be synced manually. 

I think that you don't understand what problem he is having. And I have the same problem every time I install a new version clean. This is not what I would call a "setting" or "user data" and it is not imported when an new clean installation is first started. As per his screenshots, he has added several additional tools to the external tools feature, as have I, and they are gone when you start the browser for the first time after a clean install, ever. They remain when one installs a new version over a previous one, but disappear with a clean install. There never has been a way to import them from a previous install to the best of my knowledge. This issue is not solved by "syncing". I am not using a portable version, do have a passport account and log in with it every time. I hope that you now understand this man's query.

Even better. When installing Maxthon for the first time, there is no "UserData"
If you run Maxthon, copy from the previous version of Maxthon and paste the "UserData" folder into the "Maxthon main or root"

I have no idea of English, I hope you understand the translation with Google translator

5 hours ago, Focus1 said:

Even better. When installing Maxthon for the first time, there is no "UserData"
If you run Maxthon, copy from the previous version of Maxthon and paste the "UserData" folder into the "Maxthon main or root"

Yep, been doing this for ages. A definite for using portable.

There may be some issues when there are major revisions between updates, but most of the time it works well. Ensures that all of your data gets moved across and you can pickup exactly where you left off.

On 5/27/2017 at 11:55 PM, rick.lane said:

I think that you don't understand what problem he is having. And I have the same problem every time I install a new version clean. This is not what I would call a "setting" or "user data" and it is not imported when an new clean installation is first started. As per his screenshots, he has added several additional tools to the external tools feature, as have I, and they are gone when you start the browser for the first time after a clean install, ever. They remain when one installs a new version over a previous one, but disappear with a clean install. There never has been a way to import them from a previous install to the best of my knowledge. This issue is not solved by "syncing". I am not using a portable version, do have a passport account and log in with it every time. I hope that you now understand this man's query.

Neat.

Archived