How to turn off the flowing clouds on the Maxthon screen?

I tried this method but I noticed that only working when I log in my "Account". In this way Mx5_5.0.4.2000 version portable remembers the settings next time I log in again but for the "Guest" account Mx5 is not keeping the settings. It is bringing back the animation background which is consuming more memories. 

I tried this method but I noticed that only working when I log in my "Account". In this way Mx5_5.0.4.2000 version portable remembers the settings next time I log in again but for the "Guest" account Mx5 is not keeping the settings. It is bringing back the animation background which is consuming more memories.

Same here. Always displays Clouds GIF on startup even when choosing own inanimate background from local disk.

48 minutes ago, Jus5631410 said:

I noticed that many people are having some issues with the new QA with animation. Can I suggest the developers to remove the animation and go back what was before?

Well, that wouldn't solve the actual problem which is that when one changes the background to what they prefer, it doesn't stick upon the next opening of the browser and instead it reverts back to the animated GIF. What needs to be done is to figure out how to get it back to how it was working before they added the new background entries so that once you select the background you want, it stays that way for each successive restart. No need to remove the GIF's. 

Archived