Bug: speed dial thumbnails gone, and cannot be refreshed

This week for some reason the background of the whole speed dial screen changed to clouds (I changed it after that but that's not the issue), and the thumbnails of many tiles got emptied.

Not only that, but for all of the tiles that got emptied, I cannot refresh them to have the thumbnails shown again.

Can you please add an option to update all thumbnails?

MX version: 5.0.4.2000 PC

Attached image of what I see.

MaxthonSnap20170524104104.png

1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

This week for some reason the background of the whole speed dial screen changed to clouds (I changed it after that but that's not the issue), and the thumbnails of many tiles got emptied.

Not only that, but for all of the tiles that got emptied, I cannot refresh them to have the thumbnails shown again.

Can you please add an option to update all thumbnails?

MX version: 5.0.4.2000 PC

Attached image of what I see.

I think the cloud background was intentional to show off that QA  can now display GIFs in the background. 

Personally, I only had 2 tiles lose the thumbnails but I was able to update both.

Edit: Just noticed there are now several GIFs for the background available right from the menu, very nice. :)

The animated clouds seem to have a low quality and yet not moving smoothly. Maybe you should consider using something else instead?

Like what the "Wallpaper engine" do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOdg14bvhl4

Also, BTW, it always shows the clouds in private-mode. It doesn't look there at the background settings of the speed dial, and won't remember it in next sessions.

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

same here.. wrong dispaly, lost all my "hot" icons

titles overlapping

I wonder if this is not the same issue you have with all new QA builds, it usually fixes itself eventually. My hot icons display fine, even if I edit them.

But I notice that I also have your issue with menu on folder tiles.

hot.png

Archived