Speed dial icons

Hello, why did you change speed dial icon possibilities ? If you can see i have 2 screens upper one is a newer and lower is old version. In older ver speed dial i was able save icons according web logo if it was present, but currently this option maybe called "HOT" is available only for some sort of pages. But if you want save Twith.tv fo exaple you can save it as t in my case or screen shot but not to twitch logo which i was able before.

Bez názvu-1.jpg

51 minutes ago, vcanella said:

Same for me, with Maxthon v.5.0.4.2000, after QA new animated backgrounds updated today, hot icons missing and not available in edit mode

It appears that they are working on the Quick Access page. If you guys are not already aware, the new QA page is stored on their server and is not stored locally and the version number of Maxthon does not affect how the QA page is displayed; the QA page works for many older versions as well as the new MX5 versions. I notice that right now, the titles of combined/group tiles is now visible without having to hover over the group tiles, something several people requested. Plus the animated backgrounds have been added. My take is that there will most likely be further changes as I saw somewhere here on the forum that changes are coming, and not to panic just yet. I'm sure your comments will help them make decisions as they get more into their upgrade and as is pretty usual for software, when some changes are made or added, something else gets broken (like the Hot icon choice) and has to be reprogrammed. I suggest we all just sit tight for a few days and see what they come up with.

1 hour ago, Chemodan said:

Many logos can not be put now. And screenshots often look too small. Why do we need the top row of buttons, what makes it different from the others? And this descending search line ... For what? Complete nonsense.

This is just my opinion: I like the top row being smaller, for me, the first 4 are the sites l use most often (the Maxthon one links me to the forum where l can check for new releases, without that l would forgot to check lol) and the small logos look nice. The descending search just makes use of the space at the top. I like it, l don't see why it's nonsense, it doesn't affect anything. 

I do agree with with the logos and screenshots. l dislike not being able to have logos as screen shots just looks messy. Please @BugSir006 can you ask the developers to put back the old code which detected site logos and gave you several logos to choose from?  

8 hours ago, Mo88 said:

This is just my opinion: ....

Nonsense - simply because the search string is already at the top. And to make it move, with animation, does not have any functional meaning. It only loads a little process. :)

4 hours ago, Chemodan said:

Nonsense - simply because the search string is already at the top. And to make it move, with animation, does not have any functional meaning. It only loads a little process. :)

I wouldn't mind it so much if that little process didn't grab focus. As it is now, it prevents the complete scrolling of the page when it appears or moves to the address bar.

Hey guys, is there something new about speed dial icons bug?

I have two laptops with mx5. In one of them mx5 5.0.3000, in another 5.0.4.500. In the first laptop(*.3000), icons in the QA mostly white or "invisible", in the second(*500), there is only a few "lost" or "transfered" (from "hot" to "screenshot")  icons and also in all of them there is no opportunity to make "hot" icons. I'm tired to reinstall "stable" versions of MX5 because of such bugs. If there is any suggestions to solve such situation without clean install? 

PS. I think such bug could be named critical and after a week (topic is dated may 23) it is not fixed yet. I have such feeling, that developpers now works mostly for new platforms - ios/mac, and they have not got enogh time/opportunities to keep in good shape all other projects. That is why we still haven't got stable QA, normal theme integration and so on. By the way it all WAS in maxthon 4. May be it is better to make less, but better? May be it is NOT a good idea to represent a half-baked "new" things (like this modern dissappearing QA) to the stable versions, but firstly test them on betas? *thinking out loud* 

23 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi all, only the "suggested" sites under the five categories have "hot" icons, and for others, you could choose screenshot or color.

that's a shame... I don't need any of these suggested sites, and for those I need " hot"  is disabled (like maxthon forum for example) : on top raw, all I get is a small uneasy to identify screenshot whithout any title..

and titles overlap the tiles on bottom raws

snap2.png

sigmax2.png

On 5/28/2017 at 11:14 AM, Viryu said:

Could we have an option to disable the top row of small icons? Or even the search bar? Pretty please?

Yes please! They just take up too much room, and I have to make my icons smaller to fit the page.  Not everyone has a giant monitor, or can see tiny icons and text.

Archived