MX5 Crash

I got a lot of crashes with the previous 2 releases. So far, no crashes with 5.0.4.2000.

The crashes were sudden and final... no freeze, no error messages, just POOF!  and it was gone. Re-launch was always fine, so nothing was hanging in memory. Hope 2000 has returned M5 to its former reliability!

13 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Download portable version and see if the same happens.

I tried the Portable Version and still get page crashes. No pages will load. Still same error messages as my screen shot as in my above comment.

Just now, PHYR said:

Are you running M4 at the same time? Only one can run at a time, either M4 or M5.

I have not uninstalled 4 but I do Not open both at the same time. I know only one can run at a time. MX5 has been running with 4 installed for months and I have both installed on my other laptop with no issues. Something has happened in MX5 as the Portable MX5 also has the same "Page has Crashed" with every action, Quick Access crashes, Settings crashes, new tab crashes all give the same message "Page has Crashed" "Reload Page and Switch Engine" buttons are available but neither corrects the issue. I am running Win 10 and the latest version of MX5 and Portable.

5 minutes ago, BGFun said:

I have not uninstalled 4 but I do Not open both at the same time. I know only one can run at a time. MX5 has been running with 4 installed for months and I have both installed on my other laptop with no issues. Something has happened in MX5 as the Portable MX5 also has the same "Page has Crashed" with every action, Quick Access crashes, Settings crashes, new tab crashes all give the same message "Page has Crashed" "Reload Page and Switch Engine" buttons are available but neither corrects the issue. I am running Win 10 and the latest version of MX5 and Portable.

Are you able to sign out of account? Are the same accounts being used on both machines?

I would suggest a complete uninstall, including user data. The issue isn't with M5 or win10. 

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

Are you able to sign out of account? Are the same accounts being used on both machines?

I would suggest a complete uninstall, including user data. The issue isn't with M5 or win10. 

I signed out and entered as guest, crashed page. Did full uninstall, reboot pc,ran ccleaner to clean registry, re-install, crashed page

let me tell, have you installed some new software or an update of something special just before those crashes

when you say you have uninstalled; did you delete the user data in appdata roaming mx5

you can also have a look at the event wiever

There were no new programs or updates done prior to this happening.

When I did the full uninstall, I selected remove all user data, etc, etc..if that isn't enough then MX needs to update the uninstall program. If i select "Remove All" it should remove ALL, including files, folders and registery entries. 

I checked event viewer but I did not see anything that I could identify related to MX5.

But for now, I will Uninstall again and check the Appdata file.

2 hours ago, BGFun said:

I signed out and entered as guest, crashed page.

Extract portable again and use guest first, without entering any login details. If it's happening in portable guest mode, then there is something conflicting with the browser causing the crashes.

If it happens in guest after passport login, then it's userdata related. Even though that doesn't really make sense, that's what the testing above would show.

If it still happens, close all your programs and disable any/all programs in the system tray and see what happens. Failing that, safe mode and test.

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Extract portable again and use guest first, without entering any login details. If it's happening in portable guest mode, then there is something conflicting with the browser causing the crashes.

If it happens in guest after passport login, then it's userdata related. Even though that doesn't really make sense, that's what the testing above would show.

If it still happens, close all your programs and disable any/all programs in the system tray and see what happens. Failing that, safe mode and test.

Well I uninstalled and removed all data. I created a new user on the pc and installed MX5. I get the same Page Crashed message. I uninstalled again and removed all user data and installed MX 4 and it works, however I have to use the Chrome UA for me to do anything here in this forum.

Update: I added the new UA for 4.9 and MX 4 is working here now.

1 hour ago, BGFun said:

Well I uninstalled and removed all data.

1 hour ago, BGFun said:

installed

1 hour ago, BGFun said:

I uninstalled again and removed all user data and installed MX 4

When you say installed? are you talking about the portable version which was asked for you to try? Or are you still using the installer?

There's a reason why it's been requested, and ignoring it isn't going to help me or anyone get closer to the cause.

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

And did you try this?

35 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

When you say installed? are you talking about the portable version which was asked for you to try? Or are you still using the installer?

There's a reason why it's been requested, and ignoring it isn't going to help me or anyone get closer to the cause.

And did you try this?

Yes, I have tried the Portable version and the full version. I mentioned way back up, that I had tried the portable version. I also have MX5 on my laptop and it is very "laggy" but not the Crashing issue. All other browsers like Edge and Opera work fine on my laptop. But there is something very wrong on my wife's laptop. I am a repair tech and have been working on computers for 30 years. This is not something that is beyond me but I have no idea why fresh installs and only using the portable version would display the same issue. Even menus/ setting display "Page Crashed". Passport, Maxnote, any MX5 function displays the same message.

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

And did you try this?

as below...

15 hours ago, 7twenty said:

10 hours ago, BGFun said:

Yes, I have tried the Portable version and the full version. I mentioned way back up, that I had tried the portable version.

It wasn't overly clear whether it was guest or not and whether you ran guest first or not.. Which is why I reiterated that you should run portable as guest before doing anything else to ensure that it's not bad userdata from an account that might somehow be the cause.

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

as below...

It wasn't overly clear whether it was guest or not and whether you ran guest first or not.. Which is why I reiterated that you should run portable as guest before doing anything else to ensure that it's not bad userdata from an account that might somehow be the cause.

I tried Guest, My account, my wife's account in MX5, Portable MX5 and MX 4. MX4 runs but with lots of issues which some can be remedied by changing UA depending on function and website. 

I have not tried Everything in safe mode.

Where does Mx5 store data? I want to do a FULL uninstall by uninstalling and going to any location where remaining data is left behind and remove it as if Mx5 never existed on the computer before since Maxthon has never fully uninstalled itself since, I think 3,.

Once all files and folders have been removed, I will go in and run ccleaner registry cleaner and AVG Pc Tune up Registry cleaner to get everything.

13 hours ago, Galileusz said:

@BGFun Did you check C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Temp\MaxthonCrashData folder? 

Here is the most recent dump from yesterday.

crash.dmp

info.txt

6 hours ago, BGFun said:

I have not tried Everything in safe mode.

I'd be doing that first. At least you'll know straight away whether it's a program or windows that's causing the issue. No point deleting/reinstalling MX5 10 times over if it's not actually related to Maxthon.

6 hours ago, BGFun said:

Where does Mx5 store data?

%appdata%\Maxthon5

The only thing that MX adds to the registry (at since the last time i checked) is the install location. Everything else is in the userdata folder.

Also noticed that you're using 5.0.4.1000. Try 5.0.4.2000 and see if that fixes anything.

1 hour ago, Galileusz said:

The info.txt file shows, that the conflict occurs with mx_core.dll_3.1.16.446. There can see also, that you are using Windows build 10.0.14393.479. Maybe it's time to upgrade? The dump file must check devs.

Not sure why I need an upgrade or update. Win 10 has the most current updates. I am running Win 10 V 1607 Os Build 14393.1198 taken from Windows Settings, so i don't know why the info.txt would be showing anything different.

21 minutes ago, BGFun said:

Not sure why I need an upgrade or update. Win 10 has the most current updates. I am running Win 10 V 1607 Os Build 14393.1198 taken from Windows Settings, so i don't know why the info.txt would be showing anything different.

I meant update :) You are using Windows Anniversary Update (10.0.14393.xxxx) but recently was released Creators Update (10.0.15063.xxxx) version. Hence my query. 

11 hours ago, Galileusz said:

I meant update :) You are using Windows Anniversary Update (10.0.14393.xxxx) but recently was released Creators Update (10.0.15063.xxxx) version. Hence my query. 

Microsoft:  Windows 10 will notify you when the Creators Update is available for your device. When it’s ready, you’ll be asked to review your privacy settings before downloading the update. After it’s installed, your device will be running Windows 10, version 1703.

"Microsoft officially began the Windows 10 Creators Update rollout on April 11. I cautioned about rushing to upgrade to it at the time, and then Microsoft said much the same thing shortly afterwards, recommending users didn’t install it until the upgrade was offered to them.

Six weeks since the rollout began, and still the Creators Update isn’t available to the vast majority of Windows 10 users.

SEE ALSO: Microsoft recommends you don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update"

So, i don't believe this update has anything to do with MX5 on one computer, otherwise other people would be having the same issue. This is something contained within this one laptop unless other users have had a similar issue.

I will try Safe Mode with Portable only as mentioned by 7twenty. And come back later.

9 minutes ago, BGFun said:

Microsoft:  Windows 10 will notify you when the Creators Update is available for your device. When it’s ready, you’ll be asked to review your privacy settings before downloading the update. After it’s installed, your device will be running Windows 10, version 1703.

So, you have to wait for the update. And besides, did you send files from the crash folder to devs? If not, you should read it:  http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/help/question/crash.htm

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I'd be doing that first. At least you'll know straight away whether it's a program or windows that's causing the issue. No point deleting/reinstalling MX5 10 times over if it's not actually related to Maxthon.

%appdata%\Maxthon5

The only thing that MX adds to the registry (at since the last time i checked) is the install location. Everything else is in the userdata folder.

Also noticed that you're using 5.0.4.1000. Try 5.0.4.2000 and see if that fixes anything.

Ok, I entered safe mode and ran Portable as guest, same results "Page Crashed" Reload Switch Engine. I rebooted, went into my wife's profile,

reinstalled MX5. Now Imaxthon comes up. From the Imaxthon page, all the "quick Links work, but nothing from the favorites bar works "Page Crashed". I tried MX Menus, Page Crashed.

So at the moment I am posting this from MX4 using the Chrome UA. I looked at about and system information and got this for Mx5(at least I could get to this in the MX5 menu.)

Version: 5.0.4.2000
IE: 11.1198.14393.0

Maxthon.exe = 5.0.4.2000
MxBrowser.dll = 2.0.1.188
mx_core.dll = 3.1.16.446
Maxzlib.dll = 2.2.3.10
MxService.dll = 1.0.88.807
MxAddonsMgr.dll = 5.3.0.12
MxCrashCatch.dll = 4.0.1.18
MxDb.dll = 5.37.19.8
MxDownloader.dll = 5.1.0.112
MxEncode.dll = 2.0.0.10
MxFilePackage.dll = 2.0.3.6
MxHttpRq.dll = 4.0.0.58
MxIPC.dll = 4.3.0.10
MxMsg.dll = 2.0.0.24
MxResMgr.dll = 5.2.8.184
MxRsc.dll = 5.0.0.26
MxTool.dll = 2.2.0.74
MxUI.dll = 3.3.3.146
MxXDR.dll = 2.1.0.8
MxCmpUrl.dll = 5.0.0.12
MxFav.dll = 4.0.0.20
MxFavDb.dll = 13.0.0.12
MxHistory.dll = 2.5.0.6
MxQRGen.dll = 2.1.0.6
MxSiteIcon.dll = 2.0.18.38
MxSmartUrl.dll = 3.0.0.44
MxStorage.dll = 2.0.6.18
MxMolebox.dll = 1.2.3.182
MxSync.dll = 3.0.2.28
MxUrlSec.dll = 3.0.0.40
MxAvatarExt.dll = 5.1.0.8
MxExtTools.dll = 4.0.0.22
MxAddonMisc.dll = 5.2.0.50
MxMsgCenter.dll = 1.0.0.6
MxMsgPush.dll = 3.0.0.52
MxQrcLogin.dll = 1.0.0.8
MxSvInfo.dll = 3.2.0.20
MxUeip.dll = 3.0.1.38

Ok, got tired of chasing the problem and just did a Windows Refresh and reinstalled MX5. 5.0.4.1000. The Maxthon home page is set up in an odd way. .2000 is available but you cannot directly download it so I just installed .1000. Too much waiting and hassle to get 2000. The other issue i have is why must we update flash player manually?

Archived