Please, make QuickAcess great again.

Mx5 almost is a year old browser but QA is still horrible. May be developpers forget, that there was Maxthon 4?

1. Sometimes I use publick wi-fi networks. QA is an internet page, not local as in Maxthon 4, so it doesn't open and give me errors. That errors dissappears only after restarting the browser.  
  2. Sometimes pictures of the sites in QA dissapeares, then next day or something like this appears again. 
  3. I have faced already twice with another bug: there is a white list instead of QA. In this case only full uninstall of the browser helps (including personal data).

When I was on Maxthon 4 I didn't think about QA because there was no need to do that! It worked as should without such errors plus there were a cool grouping function, several express-panels and so on. Now QA is a brand new thing, that looks like a scroll from Harry Potter. I don't against innovations, but they should be better or at least not worse then predecessor. 

Honestly, I'm still with maxthon (not with Vivaldi or Edge) only because of 2 things: touchscreen options (back-forward) and multisearch. I hope that QA will be great again and doesn't outweight all good things in Mx5. 

you still got the option of local account with MX. I use wifi a lot because i'm often on the run.

There was some troubles in the early days of MX. I'm suspecting a premature launch to compete Opera

i use portable MX last version along with win 10 pro creator edition and nothing wrong 

so my default browser remain edge; faster to connect to wifi spots because there is less latency.

then i use MX or another.

Cloud account in MX is an idea but wifi is not wire connection and may dramatically slow down data flow

I'm lucky enough to have my organisation supplying me a handy smartphone, which i use when things goes wrong

that's life not simple life

I gotta agree with the OP, when it comes to QA, MX5 should not be released yet, it's just too bugged. Last tab visited doesn't work and QA overwrites everything. Background keeps resetting. Icons disappearing. I'm not doing a clean install anymore, the issues have just become so annoying as of lately since upgrading to MX5 that I'm just looking for a different browser (no Twitch support was the last straw).

4 hours ago, Viryu said:

I gotta agree with the OP, when it comes to QA, MX5 should not be released yet, it's just too bugged. Last tab visited doesn't work and QA overwrites everything. Background keeps resetting. Icons disappearing. I'm not doing a clean install anymore, the issues have just become so annoying as of lately since upgrading to MX5 that I'm just looking for a different browser (no Twitch support was the last straw).

FYI, Twitch works great in a new internal build with a new core. It should be available to all users soon.

The QA COULD use more precision and some ways to customize it to people's liking's...

Multiple pages? Make it so as an option...

easily re-arrange without knocking the following boxes around like dominoes would be nice too.

drag and drop a box out of a folder (or even manually edit it back to the main page too), would be good

animated Gifs, to me are way down on the list

On 5/27/2017 at 1:51 PM, Golfmann said:

The QA COULD use more precision and some ways to customize it to people's liking's...

Multiple pages? Make it so as an option...

easily re-arrange without knocking the following boxes around like dominoes would be nice too.

drag and drop a box out of a folder (or even manually edit it back to the main page too), would be good

animated Gifs, to me are way down on the list

You can drag it out of folder when folder is in focus(acting as a page)

To be honest, I do not really understand the discussions about the qa. Already the Fuktion:mark as a favorite does not need some qa-attitude. Favorites is much faster. But everyone has their own priorities. :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42: :wink: :titter: 

mxfav.png

mxfav2.png

I agree with OP

It's bug-ridden:

• - screenshots don't get saved
  • - if you have some tabs open, you write some words in the qa addressbar and then use  ctrl+<left arrow> or ctrl+<right arrow> (that's the standard windows shortcuts to go to the previous or next word in the textbox), it switch tabs instead
  • - if you have two monitors connected, put the cursor on the qa addressbar and hit shift+winkey+<left arrow> (that's the standard windows shortcut to move the window to the other screen) only the textbox change monitor(!!)

Please bring back the old one, thanks

10 hours ago, Mario.NET said:

- screenshots don't get saved

How do you perform the screenshot?

10 hours ago, Mario.NET said:

ctrl+<left arrow> or ctrl+<right arrow> (that's the standard windows shortcuts to go to the previous or next word in the textbox), it switch tabs instead

You can change shortcut settings to whatever you like from settings

16 hours ago, Chantao said:

To be honest, I do not really understand the discussions about the qa. Already the Fuktion:mark as a favorite does not need some qa-attitude. Favorites is much faster. But everyone has their own priorities. :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42: :wink: :titter: 

They've managed to downgrade this from MX4 as well. When you added a new favourite page in MX4, the window appeared in a logical position. In MX5 I was actually surprised someone thought it was a good idea to move the window for saving pages into bookmarks all the way to the top right. Every. Single. Time. Again, another unnecessary thing breaking immersion of browsing and making you wake up your cognitive processes to understand what's going on.

I'd like to sum up MX5 with a simple sentence:

With every MX5 change we stray further from Opera 12.

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

How do you perform the screenshot?

You can change shortcut settings to whatever you like from settings

I update the screenshots by placing then mouse pointer on a QA site image and clicking on the first icon, the circling arrow

Changing shortcuts is not the solution, it's a workaround: if your team decides to move the addressbar inside the QA page, then it has to work the same as when it's in the upper toolbar. And when the addressbar is in the upper area, the crtl+<arrow> shortcuts works as expected, like in every other windows textbox

Archived