Quick Access captures screenshot run forever

I add a new quick access block, click custom and enter url. The capturing screenshot action runs forever with a moving arc arrows animation . However, If I exit MX5 and run again, the screenshot is shown ok. I bet this is a bug.

I find a workaround by entering url in address bar, right click the page tab and choose "push" and select last item in popup menu (i.e. new tab - my quick acess). The screenshot is shown very quick.

I am using MX 5.0.4.8

hi there, I tested again and figured out that the issue may be the custom url, may I know the url you entered?

Normally, if we type in the url, it's very easy to type it wrong or miss some part of the url.

So in order to avoid this kind of situation, we suggest you just copy the url from the address bar. That's the prefect url.

since the clouds started moving (today) a lot of icons/screenshots disapeared for no reason from quick access. And since screenshots are available (but some of them run forever like scottchu.tw said) a lot of official logos/icons (which are in hot I guess) are not available.

21 hours ago, cphx said:

since the clouds started moving (today) a lot of icons/screenshots disapeared for no reason from quick access.

21 hours ago, Jubilar said:

i lost half my icon in QA too:(

Hi both, sorry for the trouble, and could you tell me some of the site (URL) which you lost the icon with a screenshot?

If "hot" icon is not available, you could try the other two "screenshot" and "color block"

QQ截图20170524163350.png

i add site to QA in the first version on QA, when interface QA was different. for some sites was able to add site different icon from proposed (mail.ru, twitch.tv, autostort.com and ect). yesterday all site with icon, which arent in standard, lost.

this is not a big problem, I can change the screenshot.

but screenshots or color block on the top line are not very beautiful

Снимок экрана20170524115825.png

please add more site in hot or possibility add site icons yourself

45 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

A bug related to this has been fixed by QA team yesterday, please have a check again. :)

some back, some i change early to screenshot/color and cant change now because "hot" is not active. eg why twitch, popular servese, dont have hot icon? do you plan to expand the sites with icons in the future? and the ability to add their own icons?

23 minutes ago, Jubilar said:

some back, some i change early to screenshot/color and cant change now because "hot" is not active. eg why twitch, popular servese, dont have hot icon? do you plan to expand the sites with icons in the future? and the ability to add their own icons?

I'll check with our QA PM to see how many are there for the overseas websites and is there any plan to expand. Really thanks for the suggestion!

Edit:

There are only these sites listed here have hot icons. For others, screenshots and color blocks are available.

As for expanding plan, we need a more deep survey and research.

While in the later versions, we consider giving users the ability to upload icon picture themselves.

Earlier the icons were. Now they are not. If the new technologies of your engineers can not load logos from the pages, then in such cases the best solution is an independent choice. In the meantime, this page is very uncomfortable.

On 5/28/2017 at 8:05 AM, Chemodan said:

Earlier the icons were. Now they are not.

Screenshots please or tell us what are the sites.

On 5/28/2017 at 8:05 AM, Chemodan said:

this page is very uncomfortable.

Which page are your referring to?

Many screenshots are constantly lost. Their update often does not end with success. This is very annoying. Why can not one be memorized once for all? On the top buttons screenshots do not give information about the name of the site. This is also very inconvenient.

d48bf5596ea4dd885f448ea3c1e316b5.png

"maxthon forum" for example.. there used to be a site icon, now hot is disabled..  I lost most of my top row site icons and now all I get are ugly screenshots or a capital letter... and I don't need any of  those suggested foreign commercial icons. 

please give us the ability to choe site icons again, it was great... screenshots are too small to allow recognition, and most titles are missing

maxforum.png

sigmax2.png

19 hours ago, Chemodan said:

Many screenshots are constantly lost. Their update often does not end with success.

Thanks for the screenshot, have forwarded it to our tester and wait for them to have a check on this issue. Will update you once there's any feedback from them.

On 5/31/2017 at 9:52 PM, Chemodan said:

Thanks for the screenshot and our tester have confirmed with our developer, this is a bug waiting to be fixed. While we haven't identified the cause of it, that's a shame but they will try. You can add the sites again, the screenshots should show. Thanks again for providing detailed info and Maxthon developers will continue to try to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 7:32 PM, BugSir006 said:

Thanks for the screenshot and our tester have confirmed with our developer, this is a bug waiting to be fixed. While we haven't identified the cause of it, that's a shame but they will try. You can add the sites again, the screenshots should show. Thanks again for providing detailed info and Maxthon developers will continue to try to fix it.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:41 AM, BugSir006 said:

hi there, I tested again and figured out that the issue may be the custom url, may I know the url you entered?

Normally, if we type in the url, it's very easy to type it wrong or miss some part of the url.

So in order to avoid this kind of situation, we suggest you just copy the url from the address bar. That's the prefect url.

My problem is similar.  When I go to the tab and right click >send>Quick Acess    it does do it; however it is a blank box.  When I use a different color than "default white" (why do we want white on white...no wonder nothing shows up...) just 1 word shows up ...it does not identify the site; so how do I know which site that is until I click on it? Shouldn't it identify the site?  In MX4 it did; and since MX5 is better it doesn't?  If I could copy and paste the words into the little box I would, but I have not found a way to edit inside the box. Sometimes if I copy and paste the url title and description, I lose the color of the box.  Oh for the days of MX4 when it wasn't so complicated...........MX4 didn't teach it's offspring (mx5) very well; or maybe mx5 didn't learn anything.  Hope mx5 don't have babies, or we'll be back in the stone age.

• 7twenty changed the title to Quick Access captures screenshot run forever

Archived