Problem with searching - textbox typing

Since I installed MX5 (currently 5.0.4.500 beta) I am having this very annoying problem ...... when I open a page with a textbox, usually search engines like www.google.com or www.bing.com, I cannot start typing immediately even though the typing cursor is already blinking in the textfield. I must move my mouse and click on the textfield and only then can I start typing.

Is this a bug that can be fixed ?

EDIT: Like most other bugs, this one also requires a specific set of steps to replicate. It does not appear if you open a new tab and then select a shortcut to www.google.com from your favorites bar. To replicate it, first open a new tab and go to www.cnn.com for example. Then go to your favorite bar and click on the bookmark for www.google.com. Now when the Google page appears, you will have to click on the textfield before you can type anything.

No.1MaxthonFan, do you have the option "Open a new tab from Favorites" checked in "Settings -> General -> New tab action" ?

If that option is checked then www.google.com will open in a new tab and in that case typing will register immediately.

However, if you disable the "Open a new tab from Favorites" option in "Settings -> General -> New tab action" so that www.google.com
page opens in place of the currently opened www.cnn.com, then typing will not be registered until you actually click into the textfield,
even though the cursor is already blinking in it.

That's the conclusion I've come to after a lot of testing after you said you couldn't replicate the issue. Can you try again and let me know the results ?

Alternatively, can someone else try as well ?

2 hours ago, Perplexer said:

No.1MaxthonFan, do you have the option "Open a new tab from Favorites" checked in "Settings -> General -> New tab action" ?

Yes, I do have that checked.

I've unchecked that option but I still can start typing immediately in the search field.  Let's see if someone else has your problem.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I have tried it with the portable version and I have the same problem. Immediate typing does work if Google opens in a new tab, but if it opens in the existing tab then typing won't show unless I click in the textbox. And it's like that on two different PCs (Windows 7 and Windows XP). How it works for you is a mystery to me. I wish someone else would try it.

5 hours ago, Perplexer said:

I have tried it with the portable version and I have the same problem. Immediate typing does work if Google opens in a new tab, but if it opens in the existing tab then typing won't show unless I click in the textbox. And it's like that on two different PCs (Windows 7 and Windows XP). How it works for you is a mystery to me. I wish someone else would try it.

AHA, discovered that restarting Maxthon changed what happens.  I can now confirm your issue.  Sorry for not doing due diligence. 

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

• 1 month later...

Archived