Buggy window rendering

It looks like Maxthon developers still refuse to fix the bugs that are appearing in MX4.9 & MX5 when using Windows Classic or Windows Basic themes in Windows 7. Firefox and Chrome programmers do it properly but Maxthon devs just can't figure it out apparently, or simply don't care.

Not only do YouTube videos stutter when you have Windows Classic or Windows Basic theme enabled, but Maxthon window also renders buggy.

To reproduce:
1. Open a website in a Maxthon tab
2. Open another program, for example Calculator
3. Click on the Calculator in the TASKBAR to minimize it
4. Maxthon window will get an ugly border / title bar overlapping with the tabs, as shown in the pictures below

This happens only in Windows Classic & Basic themes and with favorites bar enabled.

Windows Classic theme:

260g4ep.jpg

Windows Basic theme:

2dk9seu.jpg

You probably can't reproduce it because you're on Windows 10. It's a Windows 7 support issue. Devs don't properly support MX5 on Windows 7 with its Windows Classic/Basic themes. It only works correctly with Aero themes (both the "window rendering" and "video / YouTube playback"). And it's the only browser with this issue. And they refuse to fix it. That's the annoying part.

11 hours ago, Perplexer said:

You probably can't reproduce it because you're on Windows 10. It's a Windows 7 support issue. Devs don't properly support MX5 on Windows 7 with its Windows Classic/Basic themes. It only works correctly with Aero themes (both the "window rendering" and "video / YouTube playback"). And it's the only browser with this issue. And they refuse to fix it. That's the annoying part.

That might be the case but I did have the issue with previous versions but can't reproduce it with version 5.0.4.500.

BugSir006, did you have Maxthon full-screen ? It must be full-screen I think, otherwise this problem doesn't show. Also, there are a FEW instances when it doesn't appear immediately. In this case maybe select one of the other tabs and try again. I will try and record my screen and upload a video with a demonstration. Also, below are my Visual Effects settings in Windows 7, in case any of those might play a role in this.

Image2.png

11 hours ago, Perplexer said:

did you have Maxthon full-screen ?

Yes, I tried it full screen, while in order to record this gif, I make it windowed otherwise you cannot see the full.

10 hours ago, Perplexer said:

I closed all the tabs and opened some new one and now I can't reproduce it either. It's obviously a very sneaky bug. Something must happen to trigger it and then it appears. I will try to find out what exactly.

Thank you Perplexer, if you find a way, please do not hesitate to let us know. :5884970a7da3a_1:

So, you are a fan of the basic and classic theme? Did that issue happen on other themes? Maybe you could just change to another theme that you also love to avoid this problem?

While if you could reproduce this problem steadily, Maxthon will really appreciate you for finding another bug for us. :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

Archived