Odd Address/Search Box Behavior

It seems to be rather random which sites I type in cause this issue but what happens is that I start to type in a site, the address bar auto-fills the web address as expected, but if I then hit enter to go to that auto-filled address it instead goes to what is in the pop down box. I've attached an image so you can see the example.

*EDIT* I just noticed if I hit the right arrow key before I press the enter key it will take me to the site in the address bar instead of the one in the pop-down box. So that's a valid work around for me anyway. Still seems like maybe behavior that wasn't intended?

MX5IssueImage.png

so you can see you had the dropdown address  selected and so on this will bring you to where it's intend

that means you had first selected the suggested dropdown by hiting the down arrow key so hiting the up key will choose the address bar item

in this case no issue just the real thing, do it the right way and it will be fine

On 4/26/2017 at 3:54 PM, karajan said:

so you can see you had the dropdown address  selected and so on this will bring you to where it's intend

that means you had first selected the suggested dropdown by hiting the down arrow key so hiting the up key will choose the address bar item

in this case no issue just the real thing, do it the right way and it will be fine

Problem is I never did hit the down arrow. I started typing in the address bar and it automatically highlighted the result without me hitting the down arrow. That was the oddity.

Archived