WhatsApp in Maxthon 4

I am having difficulties with web.whatsapp.com in Maxthon 4.9.4.3000. When I click on Settings, I get no Settings dialog box. Or if I click on attachment, I get a list of icons like Photos & Videos, Camera etc. but I cant get anything further if I click on any of them. Clicking on any of them have no effect. Pop-ups are not blocked. I use Windows 10 64.

I have no problem in Maxthon 5 or other browsers

Hi abkoshi, thanks for the reporting. There were similar reports as yours before, and our developer has confirmed it and analysis result shows that it should be related to the old core MX4 uses. So we recommend you to upgrade your browser to MX5, since we have no plans to upgrade core for MX4 currently.

This is the quick access page in MX5. You can use it just like the old one in MX4. Please let us know what are the points and aspects that make you feel uneasy about the new QA, we would like receive valuable advice and suggestion to keep improving. 

QQ截图20170418164642.png

I have  lot of shortcuts in my QA. It was well organized in MX4. But I was spending more time searching these icons in MX5. So I grouped them but now its become more difficult since the groups names are not visible. At least keep the group names visible so that we do not have to move the mouse over the groups each time.

10 hours ago, abkoshi said:

It was well organized in MX4. But I was spending more time searching these icons in MX5.

Any reason you can't just use favourites instead of QA?

Personally I never saw the need for it. It's good for 1 page worth (5-10 sites) that you might visit regularly. This way you can quickly see them all at a glance and choose the one you want. But any more than that, and more so when grouped, it becomes more of a hassle and definitely not a quick means of accessing anything.

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Personally I never saw the need for it.

Haha, I never use QA in my case, but since it exists, then means still many people are used to and love using it. And changing habit is kind of painful. After all,  one man's meat is another's poison. 

16 hours ago, abkoshi said:

the groups names are not visible.

I take it as a good suggestion and will soon forward it to our PM. 

Thank you all for replying. I use QA extensively. One of the reasons I am in Maxthon is perhaps QA otherwise I wouldn’t switch browsers. I get fav in every browser. Most of them are cloud based. I arrange the pages as in Kodi. One page for football, another for News and so on. It’s so easy to access especially when you have less time.

For me is QA in MX4 more better then in MX5.In MX4 in QA I have everything divided into section such as work, database, cars, games, etc., but the new QA does not organize this way, everything is on one page and must be scrolled. When I make a group, its display is also small, and if it is in a group of multiple pages, it must scroll and search again. In the QA, I could move from one section to the other by moving the mouse wheel. This feature is also missing when changing individual bookmarks (as was the case in MYIE 2), but now only when the right mouse button is pressed, which is quite uncomfortable. For me, the new QA in this form is meaningless, I would welcome either a combination of a new and old QA or a choice of QA (new or old) that will be better suited. I attach a screenshot of my new QA.

That's why I'm still staying with MX4.

NewTab_20170420145555.jpg

7 hours ago, ddoe said:

For me is QA in MX4 more better then in MX5.In MX4 in QA I have everything divided into section such as work, database, cars, games, etc., but the new QA does not organize this way, everything is on one page and must be scrolled. When I make a group, its display is also small, and if it is in a group of multiple pages, it must scroll and search again. In the QA, I could move from one section to the other by moving the mouse wheel. This feature is also missing when changing individual bookmarks (as was the case in MYIE 2), but now only when the right mouse button is pressed, which is quite uncomfortable. For me, the new QA in this form is meaningless, I would welcome either a combination of a new and old QA or a choice of QA (new or old) that will be better suited. I attach a screenshot of my new QA.

You are aware that you can add as many pages in M5 QA as you want?

6 hours ago, PHYR said:

You are aware that you can add as many pages in M5 QA as you want?

I think he means screens as in the way the MX4 one worked. You could have different related sites on each new screen + groups. Compared to MX5 where you have them all on the one long screen + groups. 

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I think he means screens as in the way the MX4 one worked. You could have different related sites on each new screen + groups. Compared to MX5 where you have them all on the one long screen + groups. 

Yes.

I also do the same way ddoe does. Its like a mini Kodi, with Football steaming, Tv News. I have a PC connected to my TV & it was so easy for others also to watch using MX4. I found Vivaldi very much same but no cloud sync. so you have to do manually everywhere. Maybe if the Group Titles are visible then MX5 will also be helpful.

Archived